Pokemon GO

Best not step to wigglytuff
image.jpeg

I'll get it tonight. My tard friends are already hounding me to get it. I'll play it a bit, they will have everything by Friday night knowing these grinders.

Last edited:
i am activity involved with pokemon trading card game. i have yet to download it, I'm not much of a phone game person so I'm going to wait until league and see what others have to say.. a friend of mine told me today he had to stop at a green light to catch a weedle, i dont know how safe this is lol

also heard a kid got jumped for his phone while playing

i am activity involved with pokemon trading card game. i have yet to download it, I'm not much of a phone game person so I'm going to wait until league and see what others have to say.. a friend of mine told me today he had to stop at a green light to catch a weedle, i dont know how safe this is lol

also heard a kid got jumped for his phone while playing

It is strangely addicting.

As a faithful Pokemon first genner, I think it's pretty cool. I could easily see how this could be super dangerous. I've seen way too many people posting pictures of pokemon in their cars. I did have to catch a pidgeotto at a red light today.

Every single church in my area is a pokestation. And I'm ecstatic that there are 3 stations within 10 feet outside my work with a gym across the street. And the convention center where the majority of the comic and anime conventions are held just so happens to be a gym. And with one of those anime conventions this weekend, it's been nicknamed Mayhem at Midwest.

It is strangely addicting.

As a faithful Pokemon first genner, I think it's pretty cool. I could easily see how this could be super dangerous. I've seen way too many people posting pictures of pokemon in their cars. I did have to catch a pidgeotto at a red light today.

i haven't played yet so i dont understand how hard it is to catch them, or how long you have in order to catch. I'm going to try it out this weekend and see, drive safe ;)

Every single church in my area is a pokestation. And I'm ecstatic that there are 3 stations within 10 feet outside my work with a gym across the street. And the convention center where the majority of the comic and anime conventions are held just so happens to be a gym. And with one of those anime conventions this weekend, it's been nicknamed Mayhem at Midwest.

My office is actually a Pokestop, so that works out well for collecting Pokeballs lol

its official, I'm hooked. though my kids couldn't explain everything to me i found myself and them walking around outside! my data plan is going to love this...

i also caught a venonat traveling at 65mph! i can't find any shops near by I'm only level 4, i just learned how to transfer poke to get points to power them up, i should have evolved my bulbasaur instead of powering him up... evolved my rattata though! and i also sought a spearow on my watermelon right on the dinner table tonight! i this is app is awesome!!

alittle glitchy though.. 2 times now when i caught a poke it freezes and the screen doesnt return back

Yeah, I've had it freeze a few times right after the pokeball closes. I usually just reset the app. I'm loving it so far though. My girlfriend and I brought it to the zoo with us today and got a ton of items and pokemon. Tons of pokestops. It's definitely gotten us out of the house a ton, but it is pure evil on the battery.

you guys want to hear a funny story?! i can't stop laughing over this, my girl friend is a police dispatcher. i was running around her house and neighborhood last night catching poke, well she thought i was nuts. her shift is 11pm-7am this morning i woke up to some texts and pictures, but i can post the pictures

12:23am youth found on private property, trying to catch pokemon. was informed it was private property and sent on his way

2:33am vehicle driving in circles in CVS plaza, mr ****** owner and operator of vehicle was playing a game on his phone and trying to win. investigating (she told me this was pokemon related too)

i can't believe this!! so funny!!

Yeah, I've had it freeze a few times right after the pokeball closes. I usually just reset the app. I'm loving it so far though. My girlfriend and I brought it to the zoo with us today and got a ton of items and pokemon. Tons of pokestops. It's definitely gotten us out of the house a ton, but it is pure evil on the battery.

i haven't seen a poke stop yet, again I've only played for like 30 minutes total i would say maybe more. I'm curious to get to lv5 to see what the gyms are like. i live near a water tower and it says its a pokestop? but i can't access it yet.

i lost a starmie because the app froze! lol it is very addicting though...

I installed it to check it out but deleted it instantly when I realized the 3 closest pokestops to my house will get you robbed of you "PokeDevice" or killed. This game was poorly thought out and it's only a matter of time before it makes the news for someone getting hurt.

I'd get it if it was on something other than a smart phone. Sadly some idiot'll get hurt not because of it but because of being an idiot on a phone but it'll be blamed. My friend has it and found a jiggly puff in the middle of a busy road and a ghost type between two people on the bus lol.

I installed it to check it out but deleted it instantly when I realized the 3 closest pokestops to my house will get you robbed of you "PokeDevice" or killed. This game was poorly thought out and it's only a matter of time before it makes the news for someone getting hurt.

It can't be that bad. Although a lot of adults are playing this, and perhaps children shouldn't be venturing into some areas on their own.

Like, what if Mewtoo or whoever is located on a mountain? Will I have to put my kids in danger to get it? You bet your sweet ass I will!

BTW, I found Venonat on my pillow

Last edited:
so, i got out of work and took my niece for a walk while i pulled her in her radio flyer like i do every weekend when we have her. this time i decided to try bringing GO with me, since i setup almost everyones network on my street (they are all elderly) i have a pretty good path of wifi before i have to roam on my data plan. so we start our walk, i caught probably 3-4 poke on my street when i got to the top i found 3 teens walking with their phones out. when i called over to them they were scared but when i explained i just started and wanted to know what this blue logo was on my screen they told me they were heading there as well

so as a group and my niece tagging along in her wagon we walked the 4 blocks to this water tower. this water tower gives you power up items and restocks your poke balls. the tower is behind a house, while the 5 of us were outside the house the owner came out all pissed " stop taking pictures of my house, i told you kids to stay away yesterday I'm calling the cops ra ra ra" and he came out storming at us raising his fists

so being a adult i tried explaining to the old timer that the kids weren't taking pictures but playing a game, he wanted nothing of it and told me he was calling the cops. to defuse the situation i tried explaining to him that that big tower in the back yard is a hot spot for this game, and the only spot in a 2 mile radius, i asked him if other kids were here yesterday and he said they were there all day playing in his front yard and hanging out. one was even smoking cigarettes..

i convinced the kids to explain to the man they weren't the ones here yesterday and were not in his yard. i explained to him we won't go on his property but he's going to have a problem with kids... i can now see this game aggravating some people.. i wouldn't want kids throwing wrappers and hanging out in my front yard because there is a hot spot around it... after i kept talking and explaining to him he was calmer and more understandable. we even showed him what its like on the phone. he was still not impressed lol. we shall see where this goes

Apparently if you just leave it running Pokemon will come to you, my friend got 6 just sitting on her balcony today. My area might not be too bad as it's mostly rural, i'm sure they're going to make some adjustments to hot spots over time.

Apparently if you just leave it running Pokemon will come to you, my friend got 6 just sitting on her balcony today. My area might not be too bad as it's mostly rural, i'm sure they're going to make some adjustments to hot spots over time.

tell her to shake it alittle, it simulates your footsteps and gets more poke

FIrst Pokemon GO related incident: Girl makes horrible discovery while playing.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/32403198/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

yikes.... i heard of the kid who got smugged for his phone while playing, but this takes the cake... last year when the prototype was announced there was a device you wore on your belt. so you would have the app run and put your phone in your pocket and via bluetooth the device on your belt would vibrate if a poke is near by. right now if you put ur phone in your pocket the game is on pause and no poke will be found.

pokemon GO was then canceled and i haven't heard anything about it since, being so involved with pokemon organized play when my leaguers texted me the other day that it went live i was amazed

heck this is 2 days in a row that i have seen kids walking while playing. another childhood friend of mine took his daughter to the zoo today and he had a field day catching new monsters. i just got off the phone with him explaining my water tower experience lol

he said he walked the zoo and other people were playing, and this morning while jogging he saw a ton of kids early in the park walking around exploring for poke. the game is actually getting kids to get out and walk which i think is great, but i kinda fear for their safety.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back