Half Life 2 civil protection WIP build - starting the uniform (Page 6)

Re: Half Life 2 civil protection WIP build - first costume, have questions

Well, it's been awhile since the last update and I think this thread needs some TLC. I have some good news for myself as I now have resources available to me that I didn't have previously; my friend bought a 3D printer. So I must ask...

Rubberslug, do you have the 3D files for the ear/helmet greeblies you made? If you would be so kind to share it, I would be most appreciative.

I had previously attempted to resort to hand-making these items using the cheap plastic bases for miniature flags that you would see on an office desk or at a local bank. These flag bases are appropriately sized, but they're not... styled well and require a lot of work to even get close to making them look accurate.

Does anybody have the pep file? I'm not much of a 3d artist myself ;)

The pep files are in this thread. I think it's on the 4th page. But I'll just link it for convenience.

I do still have the file. I would actually not recommend using it, however. I ended up having to do a lot clean-up work in the Bondo stage that could have been avoided if I had spent more time fixing it on the computer. Basically the in-game model is really low detail and a lot of it is inconsistent with the actual texture. I fixed many of those problems, and also tried to increase the "wearability" of the helmet by making it shaped more comfortably for a human head. However, like I said, I ended up making a lot of changes that were hard to keep accurate, symmetrical, etc.

Here is the pep file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3911100/CP-helmet.pdo

I hope you read these comments now, but can I have a list of everything you did, how you did it, and what you used. You are like god-tear and i'm going to make a full suit and i've already made a pep out of cardstock. I have these lenses that you get when you get your eyes are dilated i'm going to put in at the end. Im moving my way towards resining it. I heard bondo smells weird, so i'm thinking about using just epoxy resin and fiber glass. Will that work? also, how did you detail the helmet so well? Thank you.
hUJhn3M

3SZsT0p

I hope you read these comments now, but can I have a list of everything you did, how you did it, and what you used. You are like god-tear and i'm going to make a full suit and i've already made a pep out of cardstock. I have these lenses that you get when you get your eyes are dilated i'm going to put in at the end. Im moving my way towards resining it. I heard bondo smells weird, so i'm thinking about using just epoxy resin and fiber glass. Will that work? also, how did you detail the helmet so well? Thank you.
http://imgur.com/hUJhn3M
http://imgur.com/3SZsT0p
Use bondo, and never stop sanding. Be wary of this outfit; there will be tons of cloth work to do. Remember, almost no one has actually successfully built a Metro cop costume. There's a reason for that.

That said, good luck! Start a WIP thread, i'll sub to it.

I'm new to the forums, but I just wanted to chime in for a moment. I love what you guys are doing, honestly, if you could mass produce these, you could sell these in halloween stores, and make bank. I would without a doubt buy one of these cosplay uniforms from you guys. You all are doing gods work here. Keep on working.

I'm new to the forums, but I just wanted to chime in for a moment. I love what you guys are doing, honestly, if you could mass produce these, you could sell these in halloween stores, and make bank. I would without a doubt buy one of these cosplay uniforms from you guys. You all are doing gods work here. Keep on working.
That is, if they could get licensing lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Re: Half Life 2 civil protection WIP build - first costume, have questions

******** dude, that is gorgeous. :love

I've started working on the AR2 files. I had the bright idea of integrating an AR-15 lower receiver into my 3D model to help give it a realistic look.

http://i.imgur.com/b9bRjMf.png

This should be an interesting next couple of months for me.
This thread just got bumped and I was looking through it and saw. Were you using the world model as your base? Is there any reason you didn't opt for the view model, aside from the right side of it not existing? It seems like a much better place to start.

I dunno lol

The problem with the view models isn't just that big chunks of it are missing, they're also distorted for perspective reasons. I tried at one point to reconcile the world and view models and the view one just drives me nuts.

Oh, interesting! I think they did end up addressing the distortion issue by suggesting that you can scale the v_model to match the w_model in terms of proportion.

In any case, the thread is pretty dead :(

Oh, interesting! I think they did end up addressing the distortion issue by suggesting that you can scale the v_model to match the w_model in terms of proportion.

In any case, the thread is pretty dead :(

Yeah, view models tend to be skewed along the long axis so that the player sees more detail in them. Sometimes it's a sake of just scaling it back along that axis and using the world model to make everything like back up. But other times it's just more work than it's worth.

For the AR2 I backed out on my plans there, and I'm using it as an excuse to get more CAD experience. But I have other projects for the next few months taking up my time. I'm still working towards doing the Elites though!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back