Colonel Stars and Stripes

The top is fake. It would take a month and a half to grow this much hair.

321727-colonel-stars-stripes.jpg

Last edited:
thank you so much for your research. that makes things far easier for me...i mean it is still hard for me, living in germany, to get a hold on some of the stuff, but slowly, very slowly i am getting there.
it seems the hardest thing to get will be the belt buckle...

Tommy, Glad I could help. Won't Amazon ship to Germany?

After seeing this video feel good about the ax handle details, all except the length. Mine is shy of the screen accurate 28 inches but everything else is good plus mine isn't defaced by a trademark stamp.

KICK-ASS 2 Colonel Stars and Stripes Prop Replica Bat Limited Edition of 2000 - YouTube

unfortunately they won't...at least not everything.

but never mind that...PROGRESS!!! i finally finished the club=)

image.jpeg

only the stars and the eagle is still missing=)

Tommy that is a great looking club!

And again sorry to all.... since photobucket has run out of bandwidth until the next four days. :facepalm

thank you=)

and as for photobucket, i was panicking at first, since your photos and your instructions helped me a great deal and i would have never been able to even start with a costume like this, but was happy to find that when you click on the space where the picture used to be, you are bein redirected to the photo in question.
next thing i am going to work on is going to be the pouch and the hood.

thank you=)

and as for photobucket, i was panicking at first, since your photos and your instructions helped me a great deal and i would have never been able to even start with a costume like this, but was happy to find that when you click on the space where the picture used to be, you are bein redirected to the photo in question.
next thing i am going to work on is going to be the pouch and the hood.

Thanks Tommy, that's good to know about photobucket. Learn something new everyday.
The leg drop pouch should be easy since I got mine from the UK and the leather pouches are German in the first place. :lol

Please make sure your American flags are sewn on blue field forward. I saw one colonel that used the same patch for each shoulder so one side was backwards. :facepalm

Thanks Tommy, that's good to know about photobucket. Learn something new everyday.
The leg drop pouch should be easy since I got mine from the UK and the leather pouches are German in the first place. :lol

Please make sure your American flags are sewn on blue field forward. I saw one colonel that used the same patch for each shoulder so one side was backwards. :facepalm

i sure will do...has a hard time getting two flags with the same design. the local army store only had flag patches for the right arm which was a slightly different design from the one i bought on ebay. slightly bigger and different colors.

as for the other colonel...maybe he was planing on spinning to the right side...then it would be ok i guess and the flags would always face forward;)

i still have a question about the hood though...going to sew it this week i hope and i also hope i will receive the jacket soon too. could you tell me how (and where exactly) you applied the hood to the jacket?

i still haven't seen the movie. they are only showing the dubbed version over here which is horrible.

i sure will do...has a hard time getting two flags with the same design. the local army store only had flag patches for the right arm which was a slightly different design from the one i bought on ebay. slightly bigger and different colors.

as for the other colonel...maybe he was planing on spinning to the right side...then it would be ok i guess and the flags would always face forward;)

i still have a question about the hood though...going to sew it this week i hope and i also hope i will receive the jacket soon too. could you tell me how (and where exactly) you applied the hood to the jacket?

i still haven't seen the movie. they are only showing the dubbed version over here which is horrible.

If you have to move, a move to the right is never wrong!

For the hood, ran a single stitch in the sewing machine along the seam where the collar attached to the back of the BDU jacket. Started from the center and worked my way out on each side. Kept trying on the jacket with the hood up to have the proper drape on the side. Had to compromise in favor for the best look hood up. The hood doesn't lay down as nice but it was important to keep the collar down with the hood both up and down.

I think seeing it dubbed would be hilarious but yeah the original lines delivered in English are great.

Kind of creepy and obsessive. Yeah!

All I have left to do is grow more hair and get a dog.
Too bad I'm not allowed a dog in the building. :facepalm

I think the only think I need now is a reverse flag patch, assuming the 3 x 5 " version is what you guys used, where did you manage to find one?

For putting the belt buckle on the work belt, used an awl to stitch the leather together to hold the short side of the buckle latch.

The larger eagle side of the buckle is just held in place by a loop of leather that keeps the free running end from moving.

Now that I finished Big Daddy (mostly ;) ) I'm thinking about putting this costume together so I'm ready when my daughter wants to do Hit-Girl 2.0 in a few years. This thread will be the go-to resource! :cool:thumbsup

B.D. Glad I could help.

Kind of like, "how to attach the belt buckle?" let me know if there are anymore holes to plug.

The link in the parts shopping list for the Molle platform I used for the leg drop is no longer in-stock.

This should be a close second from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Tactic...1432907352&sr=8-2&keywords=molle+leg+platform

Any coyote tan drop should do since it needs to be modified.

Worked on making the leg pouch more accurate. The universal mount is larger than the MP 3 mag pouch so I removed 4 inches from the back.
That required moving some of the straps on the back.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/...el Stars and Stripes/PouchWIP_zps300f8a27.jpg

Here's what it looks like 90% finished. Need to move the match holder down and make the retaining cuffs for the vertical leg straps. The magazines are cut from black closed cell foam.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/...ars and Stripes/PouchComplete_zps6aad8b77.jpg

And here are some caps for reference.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/... Stars and Stripes/PouchRefer_zps3226292c.jpg

anyone happen to know where to get the correct top jacket, and fabric for the hood?

seems the links dont work anymore :(

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back