New alternative for Solo Blaster

What is the switch for just in front of the bolt on the right side of the frame, just below the rear sight? Also, there is a switch on the back strap of the grip, just below the hammer, what's it for?

This slide switch moves, but not sure what to do with it. If I hold it forward wouldn't the top of the receiver slide off?
This is the other switch I'm talking about.

Attachments

• 0416171222a.jpg
    0416171222a.jpg
    652.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 0416171220.jpg
    0416171220.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 145
This slide switch moves, but not sure what to do with it. If I hold it forward wouldn't the top of the receiver slide off?
This is the other switch I'm talking about.

The one in the frist image is the bolt lock. You push it forward and pull it out. It involves some jiggling.
The little tap on the back (second image) releases the tricker mechanism assembly, after you have removed the fire selector switch on the left side (if memory serves me right)

Aha, thanks! I've tried finding a PDF file instruction manual online, but no luck. Their website is useless, as is their FB page!
I've started my own thread on this gun and the mods I'm making. Now, how do you get the selector switch off? I see no set screws holding it. Do you just tap it out from the other side?

Aha, thanks! I've tried finding a PDF file instruction manual online, but no luck. Their website is useless, as is their FB page!
I've started my own thread on this gun and the mods I'm making. Now, how do you get the selector switch off? I see no set screws holding it. Do you just tap it out from the other side?

The small button that you can press is actually like a little key. If you turn it while pressing you can get it out.

Sorry to ask an (I think Already) commented question.

My blaster gun came today from Kyairsoft in japan. 1 package with 2 boxes in it. But the box with the scope and muzzle only had the scope. I'm still missing the funnel shaped muzzle for the front end of the gun barrel.

I saw someone mentioned a "Flash hider" in a package and no gun yet. And someone said they ship that part separately. So did anyone order from Kyairsoft get the gun and scope in 2 boxes (1 package) and the muzzle or "Flash hider" come separate later?

Thank you

Sorry to ask an (I think Already) commented question.

My blaster gun came today from Kyairsoft in japan. 1 package with 2 boxes in it. But the box with the scope and muzzle only had the scope. I'm still missing the funnel shaped muzzle for the front end of the gun barrel.

I saw someone mentioned a "Flash hider" in a package and no gun yet. And someone said they ship that part separately. So did anyone order from Kyairsoft get the gun and scope in 2 boxes (1 package) and the muzzle or "Flash hider" come separate later?

Thank you

Correct. The flash hider comes later, in a separate package, and separate shipment a few days later.

I'm on my way to a Sunday market and there's a gentleman on there that has a BB gun bright orange in colour and all metal, it's not an air soft it's just spring loaded and fires plastic balls he says it accurate for size but I'm not sure, it feels small, he has had this a while so I should get it at a good price BUT I don't want to buy it if it's to small for a solo blaster build,
could any body give me a total length measurement or a measurement of the mag anything that could point me in the corrrect direction I will be setting off in about 45 mins with ruler in hand and cash in pocket
I would love this to be correctly sized as I want to build a solo blaster

thanks in advance

Ben

I'm on my way to a Sunday market and there's a gentleman on there that has a BB gun bright orange in colour and all metal, it's not an air soft it's just spring loaded and fires plastic balls he says it accurate for size but I'm not sure, it feels small, he has had this a while so I should get it at a good price BUT I don't want to buy it if it's to small for a solo blaster build,
could any body give me a total length measurement or a measurement of the mag anything that could point me in the corrrect direction I will be setting off in about 45 mins with ruler in hand and cash in pocket
I would love this to be correctly sized as I want to build a solo blaster

thanks in advance

Ben
Don't bother with any sizes on closer inspection it was nasty as nasty can get

Looks like these are on back order on evike?

Has anyone ordered from KYairsoft recently?

How does this blaster compare to the weathered TODD's blaster?

Looks like these are on back order on evike?

Has anyone ordered from KYairsoft recently?

How does this blaster compare to the weathered TODD's blaster?

To me, Todd's offering is as close to SA as you're going to get for that price point – it's pretty awesome and HEAVY. I bought one before I purchased the AW and comparing the 2, you can see the differences right away. The AW Han Solo Blaster is a pretty good replica, though. Except for the firing selector on the side, the grips, other minor details like the missing barrel greeblies, the grill, etc.

The layman would not recognize the difference at all, I'm sure. Especially after the whole thing is weathered. It's definitely a good stand in.

Yeah, if your going for accurate replica the AW is not the gun. However, it can be made to look better with a bit of work. You can get barrel sights to add and there will soon be a new more accurate front grill to replace the too small stock part. With some weathering it dirties up real nice. Plus you don't need to make your own "pew pew" sounds, it will do that for you!

Agreed. The AW/Evike airsoft is a fantastic blaster that's "close enough" for the majority of people. If you're looking for a screen accurate replica, look elsewhere, as this ain't it. It's an amazing deal for the money, though. You won't find a more accurate metal blaster for less money, let alone one that's a functional airsoft as well. And again, the vast majority of the public would never know the difference. They're great to troop with and Cosplay with. I probably wouldn't put one in a display case, however, but honestly it's close enough that not many would notice the problems. (especially with a little work)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back