Charmed: The Book of Shadows

I am looking for 1. a good site to teach book binding for the BOS type book, and 2. what is best paper to age and use in the book of shadows. I was told a recycled paper is good but Georgia pacific has one at walmart that is 30% recycled, 20 pound standard paper
also for the paper just copy and paste this link into your search bar and have them cut it to 10 1/2 x 13 the actual size of the pages used in the real book. The cover is 11 x 14

Now to the GOOD stuff!

Pages are all printed and they turned out great!!! After a few tries of getting that wrinkled paper to run smoothly through the printer, I decided to iron the pages, then run them through the printer...worked great! I also hole punched all of the pages, as this book is going to be post bound, just like the original.

The Necromancer (with Gram's notes)
View attachment 422742

Necron
View attachment 422743

Monkey Totem
View attachment 422745

The first spell in the book
View attachment 422746

The Wendigo
View attachment 422747

And of course the most recognizable book of shadows page, Belthazor, with Phoebe's entry to the book on the leftView attachment 422748

What kind of paper did you use specifically? Parchment? If so what color did you start with before it was stained. I am looking to make one of these myself, and yours is splendid. Also, where did you get all the page entires. I am not very artistic so doing them myself would be out of the question.

I have been having a hell of a time sealing painted vinyl mod pod stays sticky, spray clear spray same it didn't happen before any suggestions or should I try green vinyl no paint for my book
I also tried doing a page 19598958_10154476209321326_2179490210768506728_n.jpg

I don’t know if you still do this but if you do how much would you charge to print all the pages from the book of shadows? I don’t have a wide printer and when I go to copy stores they say they are “uncomfortable with some of the images printed “ and they don’t print them. They do not have to be aged just printed I actually like the paper white! It’s a beautiful book and better than Prescott manors. Hopefully you do it. If not that is fine.
Warm regards,
Quentin

I'm still working on mine. I've been doing it for years mostly because of my health issues. All I have left to do now is some gilding and binding and it will be ready. I'd be willing to print on to aged parchment.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back