Showoff: Handbuilt Silver Blade Runner Deckard Blaster by Nobutaka Toku

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Presenting... the rare Silver. :cool

This represents months of work by Tomenosuke's renowned gunsmith Nobutaka Toku , and it is exquisite.

check it out on Flickr

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/12377578@N07/15149568287/

15149390460_1f0a44b4f4_b.jpg

15149568287_a6515f7f36.jpg

Last edited:
Why keep the barrel black? don't get me wrong. I love this gun. and I plan on making a version of It. but I'm going to have the barrel silver as well.

Sean,

This was made for me in Japan, and Japanese law says that replica guns have to have plastic barrels and frames (or some percentage of plastic, I forget). So unfortunately an all-metal Tomenosuke blaster is not possible.

k

Sean,

This was made for me in Japan, and Japanese law says that replica guns have to have plastic barrels and frames (or some percentage of plastic, I forget). So unfortunately an all-metal Tomenosuke blaster is not possible.

k

Cool. thanks for the explanation K. been wanting a silver one ever since I first laid eye's on one. Awesome gun.

Hi K. I'm wanting to do something like this with my Tomenosuke kit... Do you know how he achieved this awesome finish? The guys on here are suggesting either polish then clear-coat it or chrome dip it. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice piece :thumbsup!! I have one of the original all metal Sidkits upgraded with the Worldcon mods but it seems to me that you could achieve a very similar finish with one of those by just polishing it up. I understand some are still being made available but you would need to recast the grips though to make that work.

Very nice piece :thumbsup!! I have one of the original all metal Sidkits upgraded with the Worldcon mods but it seems to me that you could achieve a very similar finish with one of those by just polishing it up. I understand some are still being made available but you would need to recast the grips though to make that work.

Yeah I picked up a completed Sidkit earlier this year but I love it as is and would hate to mess with it. Also got a worldcon Coyle on the way. Rich is including an extra set of clear grips and also a spare grip frame as his grips won't fit straight on the Tomenosuke kit without his frame. So the Tomeno kit is definitely the way to go for me for a "ghost" version. I know Rich is also doing a ghost, but I can't afford another $1500 for one. Lol.

Just gotta work out the best way to get the Tomeno kit to shine like this. Would love to know how this one was done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to detract too long from this thread, I agree with both you and tmax, the Sid is a good option for polishing and silver finish. I made one a while back but kept the color scheme and the metal finish dull - the same as the original Tomenosuke prototype - and it worked perfectly because of the quality of the metalwork on the Sid.

IMG_0541.jpg

I Could stare at that beauty all day. That finish really shows the curves and detailing in other parts you'd sorta look over on a WorldCon version or As Issued. Pure stunning, congrats on that one!

Not to detract too long from this thread, I agree with both you and tmax, the Sid is a good option for polishing and silver finish. I made one a while back but kept the color scheme and the metal finish dull - the same as the original Tomenosuke prototype - and it worked perfectly because of the quality of the metalwork on the Sid.

View attachment 484793

They look fantastic :thumbsup I really don't know why it has taken me so long to get back to this thread!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back