Fenix Props Shipping Costs

Eric Richardson

Sorry, if this is posted in the wrong place -- I looked for a forum for just general chat or vendors but I didn't see any so I'm posting it here.

So I was looking at purchasing the "Darth Vader ESB Soft Parts" package that they offer. I was told that they are a great vendor for suits and capes and other Darth Vader parts. Anyway, I was in the process of completing the order, but the shipping portion only gave me the option to get a quote. So I complied and sent it off.

I got it back a few minutes ago and on an $850 order, my quote for shipping was $290!

Am I just missing something?

That seems like quite a chunk of change for any order, let alone an order that might weigh 8 pounds? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated -- if that's the cost and they're the best option that I have, I guess I'll have to extend my paper route a little longer to cover the cost.

Where are they?

Domestically, that seems pretty high for soft stuff (i.e. shouldn't be a big or heavy box).

Overseas - WTF knows. Just reading the Anovos shipping threads, there are some weird numbers being tossed out there. But now, there's not quite enough info.

Insurance can jack it up, too.

Argentina. I ordered a tiny $6 part in October and the shipping was like $13. I'm still waiting to receive it.

I have a shipping number and it's moved from Argentina to Florida, but it's been sitting there since October.

Yep, James is right -- Argentina. I'm just not going to get hijacked on shipping costs. $300 for a robe, a cape, a cod piece and gloves is beyond ridiculous. And, like James, I've ordered a part from them before on eBay (something for my Boba) and it took FOREVER to come in. In fact, I had actually forgotten about it because I wound up buying the same part from someone else and had already received it.

Yeah, I'm torn -- like I said, I've heard their leather suits are some of the best made, but even just to buy the jumpsuit it's $128 for shipping! I'm going to try to find someone that can do it here in the states. There has to be someone!

I have the Custom Props version of the capes and suit, it's top notch stuff and worth the price. Shipping may not be too out of line, even folded it's a big box and the leather and wool weighs a ton.

But if you can find it domestic and save on shipping that's a plus.

I agree when the shipping costs nearly as much as the item it's just easier to see if you can find something just as good from other sources. Especially if it takes as long to arrive as you guys have mentioned.

Excellent advice! I'll start looking them up and doing more homework!

I have the Custom Props version of the capes and suit, it's top notch stuff and worth the price. Shipping may not be too out of line, even folded it's a big box and the leather and wool weighs a ton.

But if you can find it domestic and save on shipping that's a plus.

Same experience. Looking to get their cape set, which is priced at $420. Got the quote and it was $160. Did not place the order after that...

It's unfortunate that shipping is turning gouge for the delivery side of things.

I know it costs them to ship the stuff in a plane, but, i can't see these prices. You can nearly buy yourself a plane ticked from Europe to the US (round trip) for some of the prices i've seen posted and the box was clearly less in size than a person and definitely easier to deal with :)

Delaying on my Vader cape. Probably just bite the bullet but damn it's hard to spend $420 on the parts then $160 more to ship....crapola...

Hi All,

Something that may be worth trying. If you set up a Fed Ex account in your own name, you can tell them to pick up (most) anywhere. Get the maker's address and tell them you will pick it up on completion. While you may not save the entire cost (due to where it is)...I can assure you, you will avoid "shipping gouging". If you are getting stuff all the time, this may save you a few bucks.

If a producer refuses to do it that way...go elsewhere.

Just a suggestion.

Jon

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back