Darth Vader costume - any chances for someone who is 6'5"?

sundevilfanaz

Jr Member
What are my options for making a Darth Vader costume at my height? I know I can't even buy an off the rack Expensive Rubies one. Do I have any hope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the problem is?

I'm 6'7" and making a vader. There's a lot of vaders, even taller than me. I wore the rubies one back when I was 6'5"

Everything I had read on the Rubies one indicated it wouldn't fit my hence my assumption.

How are you making one for he fabrics?

Dude. The taller the better! Go custom. Im 6'2 and I wish I was taller for a better Vader, I added some height with proper boots, but man, 6"5 is imposing!

Best to get an all real leather suit to your custom size, which breaths a lot better than the faux leather or the rubbish ... sorry Rubies costume ... may I recommend Custom-Props they are on ebay and located in Argentina :)

Chaim

Last edited:
You good sir are genetically blessed. The God of Darth Vader costumes shines on you. As others have said the taller the better. Rubies may not work for you but that may be a blessing in disguise. The best parts are custom made. Head over to the 501st sith lord detachment website and register. People there will hook you up with the right vendors especially Cris Greene the detachment head

You good sir are genetically blessed. The God of Darth Vader costumes shines on you. As others have said the taller the better. Rubies may not work for you but that may be a blessing in disguise. The best parts are custom made. Head over to the 501st sith lord detachment website and register. People there will hook you up with the right vendors especially Cris Greene the detachment head

How much am I looking at for a custom costume? I feel afraid to ask.

Look for used Rubies Vaders on Ebay. Should be a couple floating after Halloween. Then upgrade as funds become available.

6ft 2 inches is good enough for vader. You can make up the difference with lifts. Chris Greene is our Vader in the Golden Gate Garrison and he is 6ft 3 inches I believe out of costume. In costume he is 6ft 7inches. The costume cost can vary wildly depending on the quality of parts you get. Anywhere from 2k for budget vader up to 5k+ for all premium parts from the best vendors. It is an expensive road and the wait for parts can be agonizing from what I hear but worth it. Rubies is tempting because it is there and cheap but as they say you get what you pay for. There is also Anovos but I don't think they are accepting new orders at this time so your best bet is to look into existing vendors.

Me too. Too tall for a stormtrooper, too short to be Vader. The plight.

Well I'm a member at the SLD Forums and working on a second Vader already ... do post a #1 post introduction and then Watto's Junkyard will become available to you too and see what vendors there are and used costumes too when members upgrade and indeed as mentioned notice the waiting lists to gather the much needed parts ... also there are alternative junior vendors too now that 3D printing has catched up tp SW props including Vader stuff :)

Chaim

I'm only 5'9" tall and I costume as Vader. With inner boot lifts and the height of the helmet I'm 6'5" in costume.

08472873988270-vi.jpg

14469498154184-vi.jpg

Pssh, at least you're all "tall" enough :lol. When/If I ever get to do a Vader mannequin(and that's what it will be), no Vader costuming for me at 5'7(on a good day). I'll probably do a TK someday, though I really want a Snowtrooper costume.

6ft 2 inches is good enough for vader. You can make up the difference with lifts. Chris Greene is our Vader in the Golden Gate Garrison and he is 6ft 3 inches I believe out of costume. In costume he is 6ft 7inches. The costume cost can vary wildly depending on the quality of parts you get. Anywhere from 2k for budget vader up to 5k+ for all premium parts from the best vendors. It is an expensive road and the wait for parts can be agonizing from what I hear but worth it. Rubies is tempting because it is there and cheap but as they say you get what you pay for. There is also Anovos but I don't think they are accepting new orders at this time so your best bet is to look into existing vendors.

Yikes $2,000 is way out of my budget. Argh

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back