Parks Sabers

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but can someone recommend a reliable source for Graflex 1.0 upgrade kits? I have a Parks Graflex 1.0 from many years ago (went for the Luke ESB look), and I'm exploring the idea of adding a blade and sounds. Thanks!

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but can someone recommend a reliable source for Graflex 1.0 upgrade kits? I have a Parks Graflex 1.0 from many years ago (went for the Luke ESB look), and I'm exploring the idea of adding a blade and sounds. Thanks!

I'd recommend the Graflexshop adapter. It is meant to fit in a real (and replica) graflex. That is what I have installed in my vintage graflex as my blade holder. (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=256361)

As for the electronics, I would buy the majority of the parts from TCSS. They have pretty much everything you'll need. No one offers a complete kit besides Yoda on the fx forums that I know of, but you'll probably enjoy doing it yourself. You could also contact someone about doing the conversion for you, which could even include a chamber to house the electronics and crystal etc.

Seconding the Graflex Shop items as well. I'm going to be ordering one to go with my Roman replica. Solo's Hold is also doing an adapter that should fit in a Parks replica, but it is meant to work with 7/8" blades. I wanted a 1" blade for mine.

I've read through that, and it helps some. Then, someone posts a bunch of pictures of their Parks V.1 that I can't for the life of me convince myself I can really tell apart from a picture of a genuine Graflex. Guess I need to see the thing in real life to clearly see the differences between a V.1 Parks and a vintage Folmer?

Sorry to rez an old thread, but my Parks Saber recently died. It might just need new batteries - I hadn't yet replaced the original ones. Anyway, stupid question, but I'm having problems getting the two CR123a batteries to fit and operate in the hilt. Does anyone have a diagram on how they're supposed to line up in the spring casing? If I have it right, then the problem lies elsewhere. Thanks.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back