The Hobbit movie costumes

Oh wow!! That is a brilliant Bofur!

Thank you JS! I hope to see lots more costume recreations from 'The Hobbit' out there soon. We're working on getting as many together as we can before DragonCon- here in our part of the world. Three of us will be at MegaCon in FL next weekend. ( and will be dying from the heat soon *L*)

I love you Bofur. Very good work.

*tacklehugs* :cheers
And yours is fantastic as well! I am so looking forward to the fotos from HobbitCon!!

I can't believe I'm only just finding this thread...

Here's a photo of my costume from a con last weekend. Still not finished - still needs kneepads etc.

awesome!! I loved Bofur and am so happy to see a costume. :D

And Eowyn, that Nori is amazing...

Just thought I'd share my own hobbit costume! As I wanted to do a Hobbit, but not Rosie, I just decided to call this character Elanor Gamgee. I based it off the Hobbit fashion of LOTR as the hobbits in The Hobbit have different attire.

There weren't enough hobbits in 'The Hobbit'.. :D I hope we get to see more of the bits they did shoot. Can't wait to get the BluRay. Does anyone still sell Hobbit ears?

Thanks Guri! :D

Thank you JS! I hope to see lots more costume recreations from 'The Hobbit' out there soon. We're working on getting as many together as we can before DragonCon- here in our part of the world. Three of us will be at MegaCon in FL next weekend. ( and will be dying from the heat soon *L*)

Hey, there! Total newbie here. I actually stumbled upon your dwarves picture online while I was doing some costume research for my cosplay. Great job on Bofur, by the way! I saw on your post that you're from my neck of the woods and you'll be at Dragon*Con this year. My friends and I will also be attending as dwarves (myself as Bofur). Would be cool to see your group as well!

*tacklehugs* :cheers
And yours is fantastic as well! I am so looking forward to the fotos from HobbitCon!!
(Sorry...as I said, I'm a newbie on this forum! Was attempting to reply to this quote, but I failed and tacked it onto the end of the thread, so here goes again!)

Hey, there! Total newbie here. I actually stumbled upon your dwarves picture online while I was doing some costume research for my cosplay. Great job on Bofur, by the way! I saw on your post that you're from my neck of the woods and you'll be at Dragon*Con this year. My friends and I will also be attending as dwarves (myself as Bofur). Would be cool to see your group as well!

My friends and I are also doing a LOTR group at Dragon*Con and I'll be bringing my hobbit! I'll be interested to know when everyone decides when they'll be wearing their costumes!

We'll be in ours all day Friday, Friday night at the Bree Party and Saturday... or for as long as we can stand our costumes in the heat & humidity o_O

Nice detail work! How long have you been working on this particular costume?

I've been working 7 weeks on my Nori costume...several hours each day and with lack of sleep. I decided to make this costume 7 weeks before HobbitCon... so I had to hurry up.

My friends and I are also doing a LOTR group at Dragon*Con and I'll be bringing my hobbit! I'll be interested to know when everyone decides when they'll be wearing their costumes!

My group will be at Bree and around on Friday and Saturday. We'll have quite the dwarf representation at Dragon*Con this year.

Thought I'd share too! Here's my Frodo Baggins costume so far! Still has a lot of work to go, but I'm trying to get in done in time for San Deigo Comic Con!

8631077963_ffb2530e98_b.jpg

8631077985_9b633fd6ea_b.jpg

8620693842_2453251c1a_b.jpg

If I may ask, where did you acquire the gold patterned fabric for the edging on Kili's outfit? I am in the process of making my Kili costume, and I have been trying to hand embroider it. I am about to rip my hair out, it is taking so long... I would love any help on this matter or how I can make it an easier way. Thanks!

If I may ask, where did you acquire the gold patterned fabric for the edging on Kili's outfit? I am in the process of making my Kili costume, and I have been trying to hand embroider it. I am about to rip my hair out, it is taking so long... I would love any help on this matter or how I can make it an easier way. Thanks!

We've made our Kili pattern with the help of an embroidery machine.... But I know someone, who used a shortened zig zag stitch (satin stitch) of his sewing machine to make the pattern.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back