SW – ANH (5 Foot) - Studio Scale Millennium Falcon Build

Once you guys have the final set of files for her i could mill a pattern from MDF including all her Wonkiness!. No need for two Builds i assure you!. Thermomold some acrylic sheet over the pattern. If everyone agrees on that method I can do multiple sets and all involved can share the cost and have a good base to start from. I could also mill the plywood frame but shipping would be killer.
Thoughts?

Rob

The more the better cost wise. This will all be done at cost with no mark up. But this isn't my project and needs the guys approval first.
Rob

Any word on when the updated blueprints will be ready? Without looking yet is the paneling the same as the 32" version?

And the amazing just continues! Fantastic work guys, and thanks for sharing it.

You may have all seen this already, but I just found this video this morning, and if anyone can appreciate the work that went into it, it's the people in this thread. A guy created a CG model of the large Lego Millennium Falcon, piece by piece! And then he animated it assembling itself.

[video=vimeo;36768371]http://vimeo.com/36768371[/video]

And the amazing just continues! Fantastic work guys, and thanks for sharing it.

You may have all seen this already, but I just found this video this morning, and if anyone can appreciate the work that went into it, it's the people in this thread. A guy created a CG model of the large Lego Millennium Falcon, piece by piece! And then he animated it assembling itself.

http://vimeo.com/36768371

I have a lot of fond memories of building that kit. It's amazing how close it is to the ESB studio model. It's what got me started on my falcon adventures here...

Thanks for sharing!

I threw this question up on the hasbro build thread, if anyone has this information handy , I don't need drawings etc, just the data, thank you , I need to buy raw material soon .

Help needed from the experienced falcon builders , I was just measuring my side walls to replace and found three depths of sidewall, outer mandibles 21 mm , waistband 25mm and rear clam shell 22mm
can anyone help with what the 5 footer wall measurements were (and what scale that was (I seen the 5 foot model representing 34 metres long) ) and was the side wall consistent all the way around or did it have different depths
thanks I am replicating the 5 footer
Brian

I threw this question up on the hasbro build thread, if anyone has this information handy , I don't need drawings etc, just the data, thank you , I need to buy raw material soon .

Help needed from the experienced falcon builders , I was just measuring my side walls to replace and found three depths of sidewall, outer mandibles 21 mm , waistband 25mm and rear clam shell 22mm
can anyone help with what the 5 footer wall measurements were (and what scale that was (I seen the 5 foot model representing 34 metres long) ) and was the side wall consistent all the way around or did it have different depths
thanks I am replicating the 5 footer
Brian

Vacformedhero,

I trust I understood your question and hopefully, the following image reference answers things:

MF_ILM_LP_001.jpg

The mandible walls are 2" high (1" up and down from the center line datum) and the core hull cylindrical form extends an additional 15/32" up and down off the mandible horizontal surfaces to meet the upper and lower dome form surfaces, all the way around.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

(p.s. the revised blueprints are almost done and we'll be publishing them here soon...)

Regards,

Andre

Vacformedhero,

I trust I understood your question and hopefully, the following image reference answers things:

View attachment 428634

The mandible walls are 2" high (1" up and down from the center line datum) and the core hull cylindrical form extends an additional 15/32" up and down off the mandible horizontal surfaces to meet the upper and lower dome form surfaces, all the way around.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

(p.s. the revised blueprints are almost done and we'll be publishing them here soon...)

Regards,

Andre
Thank you so much for the answer Andre , and this brilliant shot also confirms that the rear sidewalls match the front sidewalls ,
appreciate that answer
Brian

Our ANH 5' Millennium Falcon CG core form model, is done.

Revised blueprints and CG assets are coming next, but in the mean time - some preview images:

MF_coreForm.0000.jpg
MF_coreForm.0001.jpg
MF_coreForm.0002.jpg
MF_coreForm.0003.jpg
MF_coreForm.0004.jpg
MF_coreForm.0005.jpg
MF_coreForm.0006.jpg
MF_coreForm.0007.jpg

This could not have happened without the collaborative efforts of Stuart Brown and Joshua Maruska.

Gentlemen, thank you very much...saluto!

Regards,

A

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back