Agent Carter

"Agent Carter" just keeps getting better and better. This week's was fantastic! I can't want until next week. Of course, I'm also dreading it beacuse it may be the last one. Surely they will bring it back.

Okay, I think "movie theater filled with the bodies of people who killed each other in a gas-induced rage" falls into the top ten most horrific things in the Marvel Cinematic Universe...

At least we now know what happened at Finow.

Also, I want Evchenko do die an excruciatingly slow death for what he did to Chief Dooley.

Was it ever clear what their motive was for the movie theater sabotage? I hope there's a good explanation.

If item #17 was that gas cylinder then she left the entire device in the theater. That would go against the "testing" theory.

Haley Atwell's performance was characteristically superb. I'm glad they didn't do the obvious thing and have Stark appear at the last minute to save Dooley from the jacket, but I also wish he didn't have to die. I hope there's a good explanation for the theater attack and that the miniseries wraps up logically without big holes.

I wonder if the Russian guy is using one of the Ten Rings? It would be a very cool thread to bind together Agent Carter to Iron Man 3.

There's nothing magical about Ivchenko's ring. He is a master hypnotist, and most hypnotism techniques require a subtle, repetitive act that relaxes the subject's brain and makes it more susceptible to suggestion. Although the show includes an eerie ringing sound every time he starts playing with his ring, I think that that is just supposed to let us know that something fishy is going on.

We never saw what was in #17. Just the carrying case. Who says there weren't many cannisters in there? Could also have been the ingredients for what went in the canister. They did say that's it's been sitting around a long time and that they needed to test it. Seems pretty clear that that was the test.

There's nothing magical about Ivchenko's ring. He is a master hypnotist, and most hypnotism techniques require a subtle, repetitive act that relaxes the subject's brain and makes it more susceptible to suggestion. Although the show includes an eerie ringing sound every time he starts playing with his ring, I think that that is just supposed to let us know that something fishy is going on.
I believe they suggested his ability is more like a "power" than just "skill." It would be difficult to think even a master hypnotist can get someone to commit suicide with a single brief session.

Are you kidding? Everyone knows all you have to do is wave a pocket watch in front of someone's face and BAM they are instantly (as Flava Flav would say) hip-mo-tized !!

I believe they suggested his ability is more like a "power" than just "skill." It would be difficult to think even a master hypnotist can get someone to commit suicide with a single brief session.

I find it difficult to think any person, even a woman in her physical prime who was trained from childhood, could descend a stairwell in heals like we watched "Dottie" do, but this is the Marvel universe after all.

I think if it was an actual power, he would not have had to spend so much time with Dooley. And as for Yauch, Ivchenko started small, getting Yauch talking about his life. Then he got Yauch to draw and point out where the lab was in the SSR. Only then did Ivchenko convince Yauch to kill himself.

I cannot say what's right, as I did not write the show, but given the complete lack of actual superhuman abilities in the series so far, I do not think they would introduce one now.

I find it difficult to think any person, even a woman in her physical prime who was trained from childhood, could descend a stairwell in heals like we watched "Dottie" do, but this is the Marvel universe after all.

I think if it was an actual power, he would not have had to spend so much time with Dooley. And as for Yauch, Ivchenko started small, getting Yauch talking about his life. Then he got Yauch to draw and point out where the lab was in the SSR. Only then did Ivchenko convince Yauch to kill himself.

I cannot say what's right, as I did not write the show, but given the complete lack of actual superhuman abilities in the series so far, I do not think they would introduce one now.
po-TĀ-to. po-TAH-to.
I agree in keeping this series free of superpowers. But I'm also just trying to maintain my suspension of disbelief at all costs.

Just got into this and binge watched- amazing! The style, the gadgets, the whole noir vibe... I love it all. Plus Atwell is an amazing actress, and a kick ass action-hero lead.
Looking forward to the finale, hoping there's a season 2. This is the first show where I've really been on board with 'shipping' characters that aren't paired up yet.

I didn't see it as Ivhenko convincing Yauch to commit suicide, I don't think that he could actually do that, what he did was convince him to walk into traffic without looking. He was probably too caught up in whatever fantasy Ivchenko conjured up for him and convinced him to basically ignore the traffic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back