Logans Run Sandman Costume on a Mannequin

Sandman5

Here is a homemade Sandman costume on a mannequin in my basement. The outfit was created by purchasing long underwear through Cabela's, I used the silk version. I purchased two tops, one had the sleeves removed and was used as the outer layer. Jo Ann Fabrics was our local fabric store where the grey stripe fabric and batting was purchased. Attached is a resin Wilco DS gun and an all metal follower purchased a few years back off of Ebay. The mannequin was found on EBAY through HD Mannequin supply, Charlie6515. The actual black fabric has a sheen to it that is not screen accurate, next time I think I would not use the silk version and would go with just plain black with a polyester/wool combination. The latter combination of fabric might have less wrinkles in appearance. I basically looked at pictures on the internet and the movie and took them to a local seamstress for the final product. All of this had been sitting in a box for a few years until I decided to put it out on display. The actual "belt" was purchased a few years back from Katarra8 off of Ebay as well. Not shown is a red lifeclock in his left hand, also an Ebay purchase. I hope you enjoy this thread and pics, I sure had a lot of fun working on this project. Note: My profiled picture to the left depicts a costume purchased off of Ebay made by CosPlay, not the outfit pictured below on the mannequin. For more info, please review all 4 pages on this topic.

Last edited:
Re: Logans Run Sandman Costume on Mannequin

It appears that you have to be signed in to see the picture of my mannequin and costume under my "public profile". I will add some picture attachments in a few days.

I remember seeing Logan's Run a long time ago in a galaxy far away. I loved it then, wonder if I still would. Thanks for the reminder. Cool costume.

Cheers,

Sebastian

That's really a nice costume. It sounds like it took you a while to put it together. I like that you used dive boots for the shoes, I understand that is what they used for the movie (not sure about the TV show) but I've never been able to determine the exact boot they used. It's probably impossible to determine, let alone find anyway. Yours are certainly getting the job done!

I'm particularly interested in your Follower, it's details, and how its attached to the belt. I'm also interested in the holster for your DS gun.

Great Job!

That's really a nice costume. It sounds like it took you a while to put it together. I like that you used dive boots for the shoes, I understand that is what they used for the movie (not sure about the TV show) but I've never been able to determine the exact boot they used. It's probably impossible to determine, let alone find anyway. Yours are certainly getting the job done!

I'm particularly interested in your Follower, it's details, and how its attached to the belt. I'm also interested in the holster for your DS gun.

Great Job!

I have posted new pics which should answer all of your questions. I did not actually construct a holster, I just used the existing part of the DS gun and hung it over the belt. I went to our local hardware store (either Menards or Lowes) and found a brushed steel looking catch and some brass screws. I then just attached this to the back of the follower and hung that from the belt as well. If I wanted to be more original, I could have figured something out with velcro. The shoes were, of course, from a local Dive Shop. If you need anything more specific on anything, please just ask. I appreciate all of the compliments.

I like the costume, but man does it sting to see that clip on the back of the follower...

FYI: They used velcro just under the lens on the front for mounting.

I know, it looks cooler to display with the business side out...just sayin'

Anyway. Cool display!! Well done. (y)thumbsup

Great job! I'm impressed. I especially like the framed blueprints!

I don't have a costume (yet!) but I'm working on an idea to display all of my Logan's Run's props.

Rylo-- is that one of your Followers without the electronics?

but man does it sting to see that clip on the back of the follower...

Ditto the way the Gun is hanging off the belt.

I KNOW you are sending him a Holster with his Gun right!? ;)

Great costume bye the bye!

I just saw Michael York in person last week. Stupid me didn't even ask for a photo and had every opportunity.

: FYI. I just came across custom made Sandman costumes from a seller on EBAY. Under search just type in Logan's Run Sandman Cosplay. It appears that you can order either a costume from their standard size charts or submit your measurements for a custom outfit. Looks like they are out of Canada and are outsourcing their work to a vendor in China. I had to have one. My order should be done in the next 2-3 weeks. I will post some pics when it arrives. It will be interesting to see what "Made in China" workmanship will actually look like. For the price, you could accomplish the same thing by putting the outfit together like I outlined in my original thread. With shipping, total price is about 215.00 dollars. I will let you know what my experience turns out to be. Maybe this would be a great alternative for those of you who do not want to have to find your own seamstress. Can't say that I really like the belt that the costume is offering. The garment is made out of twill. I requested a custom made outfit and submitted my own particular measurements. It will be interesting to see if they actually accomodate this or just send me an off the shelf costume from their standard sizes.

: FYI. I just came across custom made Sandman costumes from a seller on EBAY.

Nice. I see what you mean about the belt. Possibly the collar as well.

I heard of very good stories from China vendors, and some truly awful ones, too. Here's hoping your experience is a good one. I'll be anxious to see how it turns out.

A Sandman was one of my dream costumes when I was a kid - not as much now, but I wouldn't mind doing it someday.

My wife tells a story about being a runner at a con as one of her first fannish costumes as a kid. 9 or 10 years old. She and her brother dressed as runners (cardboard lifeclocks and gauzy clothes) while their dad, who took them to the con, dressed in black and silver, and tried to keep track of them! :lol

I actually like your choice in boots. Maybe not accurate, but they look like "futuristic" shoe wear. Well done. :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back