Sharpshooter55's 2012 Halloween Costume Contest Entry

Sharpshooter55

Hey there fellas!

So, this is my first official costume that I've created a build thread for here on the RPF. Really impressed with the site. Everyone's willing to help out and share the LOADS of collective knowledge! I stumbled upon this site a few months ago when I was looking for any and all information on an Amazing Spider-Man suit. That idea quickly faded away when I got it in my head to do a 'Young Joe,' costume instead.

This was definitely a lot of fun to do. It was a terrific learning experience, as every component ti the build was really trial and error. It was the first time ever REALLY using the power tools I have at my disposal, such as my new favorite, Dremel.

As far as the design and ideas behind the Blunderbuss I want to give a huge shout-out to FakeBritishAccent! I could not have done this without his awesome thread detailing his build.

My build thread for the costume and blunderbuss can be found here:

http://www.therpf.com/f24/looper-young-joe-costume-blunderbuss-build-updated-159685/

In my build thread I go into pretty good detail about every aspect of the build!

On to the results!

IMG_1764_zpsc0264305.jpg

upload1_zps864bbbfb.jpg

upload6_zps8b24af86.jpg

upload3_zps1134a687.jpg

upload5_zpsaf70f6fe.jpg

use5_zps6ce8e71f.jpg

upload9_zpsd89f1851.jpg

IMG_1806_zps1cfa9706.jpg

rianjohnsoapproves_zps9e93b77c.jpg

ggeerrrrrrrere_zps4a9eacd3.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to give it a look!

Last edited:
Thanks man! Doesn't even come close to comparing with your insanely accurate Bane!

You know what I disagree! I am a HUGE fan of subtle costumes and this movie was awesome. You have portrayed the character to a T and the components of the costume are great, needless to say you have my vote!

You need to find a older bald guy to do Old Joe with you!

You know what I disagree! I am a HUGE fan of subtle costumes and this movie was awesome. You have portrayed the character to a T and the components of the costume are great, needless to say you have my vote!

You need to find a older bald guy to do Old Joe with you!

My Dad is actually considering it! The great part is, we look alike, and he's already bald! Actually...we're exactly 30 years apart too, haha. Just having a hell of a time finding a 'good enough,' leather jacket for him.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
This is absolutely amazing. Great work on the costume, and I love the cornfield shots! Plus that blunderbuss looks awesome. Fantastic work! Would love to see you and your pops as Old Joe, side by side! :lol

Also, congrats on the comment from Rian!

This is absolutely amazing. Great work on the costume, and I love the cornfield shots! Plus that blunderbuss looks awesome. Fantastic work! Would love to see you and your pops as Old Joe, side by side! :lol

Also, congrats on the comment from Rian!

Thanks a ton! Just as soon as I find something that will work for his costume, I'll try to post pics!

I completely geeked out when he tweeted me back. It feels nice to have his approval, haha.

Hey Sharpshooter, thanks again for documenting your costume build and sources. Because of your example, I received some very cool boxes in the mail today! (already had the Gat :))
Cheers. This is so damn cool.

That's awesome! That gat looks like a beauty, sir. Make sure and keep us all updated on your blunderbuss build! And good luck taking that jacket off, I don't think it's seen a hanger since I've owned it, ha.

That's awesome! That gat looks like a beauty, sir. Make sure and keep us all updated on your blunderbuss build! And good luck taking that jacket off, I don't think it's seen a hanger since I've owned it, ha.

Hahaha, thanks! And I will! (The Gat's just a non-firing Peacemaker replica, but it pretty well looks the part and it's much easier to spin around than the beast from the film.)
I know exactly what you mean about the jacket, it's been on my shoulders since the moment I cut the logo off. :lol I'm assuming the sleeves will break in a bit?

Also, you know what I noticed while wearing it? The jacket is more than a little reminiscent of Bruce Willis' baseball-style jacket from Pulp Fiction. As if the Willis connection didn't run deep enough already.
pulp-fiction-bd-screenshot-willis.jpg

I mean, COME ON. Man, Looper's a cool film. :love

Last edited:
Hahaha, thanks! And I will! (The Gat's just a non-firing Peacemaker replica, but it pretty well looks the part and it's much easier to spin around than the beast from the film.)
I know exactly what you mean about the jacket, it's been on my shoulders since the moment I cut the logo off. :lol I'm assuming the sleeves will break in a bit?

Also, you know what I noticed while wearing it? The jacket is more than a little reminiscent of Bruce Willis' baseball-style jacket from Pulp Fiction. As if the Willis connection didn't run deep enough already.
pulp-fiction-bd-screenshot-willis.jpg

I mean, COME ON. Man, Looper's a cool film. :love

Haha, it certainly is a bit reminiscent.

The sleeves will eventually break in. That's actually why I've been wearing the jacket so much. A quick go around in the wash and it softens it up a bit. Just avoid washing too much, I've heard rumors that these jackets wear out easily.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back