Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Friday Premiere Pics Page 3!!!

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Shield Work and Boots Done!!

Suit Up Test #2

I have done most all the major work on all the pieces. So this is pretty close to final before weathering. The last tweek I want to make is to cinch up the midsection a little more to tighten the fit in the abs. There is not alot more I can do since the jacket base is a littl fixed but I might be able to take in one more inch. Glueing the pockets shut did quite a bit to help but I know I can get just a little more.

Suit Up Test #1.JPG Suit Up Test #2.JPG Suit Up Test #3.JPG Suit Up Test #4.JPG

Now onto more work on the shield!

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Almost Final Suit Up Test #2

Looking good!
Thanks!

I did a quick mock-up of the leathers for the shield this morning. i also did a test for durability and everything looks good and the new brackets hold the weight just fine!

IMG_0548.JPG

On to paint!!

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Almost Final Suit Up Test #2

Well, I was home with a sick child today. So while he napped I was able to get some weathering done!

First the helmet.

IMG_0559.JPG IMG_0557.JPG

Then the shield.
Clean...............................................Awesome!
IMG_0554.JPG IMG_0562.JPG

Plus, I was able to get the silver on the back of the shield yesterday before the snow came today!

IMG_0553.JPG

Last edited:

I have all the leathers on the shield now so I am calling this part done!

IMG_0561.JPG IMG_0563.JPG

Time to finish up all the weathering on the rest of the pieces....

Re: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - TFA Costume - Shield DONE!!

Wow nice job ! You look very great !
And your iron man armor on back ! Just awesome !

Awesome work.

Small Spoiler...

just saw the movie, and this suit gets plenty of screen time. Have fun.

Wow nice job ! You look very great !
And your iron man armor on back ! Just awesome !
Thanks! Yeah, in a couple pics you can see the Mark 6 hanging out. Free Comic Book Day should be fun. I will dust off the armor again and a buddy of mine will wear the Cap costume. Should be lots of pics!

Awesome work.

Small Spoiler...

just saw the movie, and this suit gets plenty of screen time. Have fun.
Thanks man! I was hoping to hear that this suit gets seen alot. It is my favorite movie suit so far!

Great work.
Thanks alot! I am almost done so finished pics very soon!

Great job on the suit and the shield. I gotta admit, its becoming more of a favorite of mine now more than ever.

Great way to put the suit together.
Can only imagine how difficult sewing those pants would have been.

This is an awesome thread, costume/helmet and shield look amazing! Wondering what the best way is to get your shield to shine? Mine is looking a little dull....

Cap Shield.jpg

Great job on the suit and the shield. I gotta admit, its becoming more of a favorite of mine now more than ever.

Thanks! It is really my favorite suit too. I just looked at the Avengers: Age of Ultron set pics. It looks like they changed the suit again. :cry
I was really hoping they would keep this suit for Avengers!

Looks great
Thanks Man! I bet you never thought I was going to do this with it when you sold me the base suit!! :lol

Great way to put the suit together.
Can only imagine how difficult sewing those pants would have been.
I did sew all the add-on bits with iron on material on the back to just, well, iron them on! This worked ok for the thigh panels. I did have to use some fabric glue on the knee pads. The hip pads were another matter. Due to the pockets and other seams on the finished pants they would not stay on tight. So I went back and did a small stich all the way around the edge to prevent them from lifting. My sewing machine was screaming that day!!!

This is an awesome thread, costume/helmet and shield look amazing! Wondering what the best way is to get your shield to shine? Mine is looking a little dull....

I have found that micro-crystalline wax works pretty good for bringing out a good durable shine. I am not sure what it would do to the weathering you already have but it is worth a try. You can find it in most automotive sections. Works on wood furniture too!

Thanks Man! I bet you never thought I was going to do this with it when you sold me the base suit!! :lol

I did sew all the add-on bits with iron on material on the back to just, well, iron them on! This worked ok for the thigh panels. I did have to use some fabric glue on the knee pads. The hip pads were another matter. Due to the pockets and other seams on the finished pants they would not stay on tight. So I went back and did a small stich all the way around the edge to prevent them from lifting. My sewing machine was screaming that day!!!

I have found that micro-crystalline wax works pretty good for bringing out a good durable shine. I am not sure what it would do to the weathering you already have but it is worth a try. You can find it in most automotive sections. Works on wood furniture too!

Lol....just glad someone was able to finish it.... :)

Thanks! It is really my favorite suit too. I just looked at the Avengers: Age of Ultron set pics. It looks like they changed the suit again. :cry

I still have a first avenger leather jacket. I'm thinking I'm just going to customize it. Your suit is an inspiration!!

Never gonna happen as long as toy sales exist :lol Heck they wouldn't even keep the exact same design from TFA for the Golden Age suit in TWS!

All right! I did a fair amount of weathering to all the parts of the suit now. I might hit it with some more on Wednesday if I get the time but for now I am much happier with the look of the suit. I just looks more "real". Plus it tones down the look of the vinyl jacket.

Mirror Cap Selfie!
Suit Up weathering 2.JPG

No Flash....
Suit Up Weathering.JPG

Action Pose! ......with flash!
ready to go.JPG

Now I just have to wait for Thursday to roll around. :rolleyes One of the local theaters it letting me hang out in the lobby for the opening on Thursday so I will see if I can rustle up some photos from that!

Never gonna happen as long as toy sales exist :lol Heck they wouldn't even keep the exact same design from TFA for the Golden Age suit in TWS!
I know, I know....but a guy can hope! Funny thing is that all the toys out there are of the Stealth Suit. The only toy I have seen of the "Golden Age" Smithsonian suit is the one from Hot Toys. I am not sure I want to spend $300 on a figure when I can put that money into a better suit!!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back