New Doctor Who Series Discussion *Spoilers*

What a massive step backwards. Every single episode this season which has included kids had been absolutely rubbish and tonights was no expection. I can only hope with the imminent demise of Clara and "the school run" tie into the script means we can say a very hopeful goodbye to this really retrograde trend. Although I enjoy Capaldi's rather rude and brutally honest Doctor the miss rate with the actual episode stories has been regretably high. If they wanted to write for this kind of level of audience then they should put it on a kids channel and spare us the torture of having to watch it, at this time of night. How the **** do these even get passed the producers???? I bet the overall watching figures have crashed through the floor.

Well that was pretty bad. :lol

However thanks to you guys I stepped in with suitably low expectations so it didn't surprise me.

One good scene though, when Clara admitted she didn't want to be the last of her kind. That was a powerful moment.

Weak. It's not like the Doctor couldn't have saved the Earth if it was in trouble. He towed the whole planet from another part of the Galaxy, he could have just towed it out of the way of the solar flare and then put it right back again.

Yea, not to mention ANY OTHER SOLUTION he could have come up with. The Doctor has always been able to think of something. In this one he just gave up without trying. And so did Clara. She resigned her entire planet to death in like 5 seconds. Lame. Pathetic actually.

It was fun watching him get flummoxed speechless by Maeve (Stupid Dtv captioning kept calling her Maebh), when she talked about communicating.

Yea, not to mention ANY OTHER SOLUTION he could have come up with. The Doctor has always been able to think of something. In this one he just gave up without trying. And so did Clara. She resigned her entire planet to death in like 5 seconds. Lame. Pathetic actually.

:lol

Not to mention "I won't save these kids cause they'll miss their parents". What a load of crap.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Ya, but it shouldn't be so damn glaring. Leeching dimensional energy would still make it bigger, because that's it's natural state. It uses the energy to make itself smaller and lighter on the outside.

I digress though, the episode was okay and nothing so severe as a 500' tall dinosaur. :lol

But we're talking about completely fictional science here, there's no such thing as dimensional energy (that we know of) so how can it act wrong? Unless this sort of thing has happened before or been mentioned before there really is right or wrong way for what "leeching dimensional energy" would do.

Last two episodes were so good I'll look past this failure.
Honesty, I think Mummy on the Orient Express is my favorite episode yet this season.
Not sure who's to blame more for this week's bomb, the writer or the director.

But we're talking about completely fictional science here, there's no such thing as dimensional energy (that we know of) so how can it act wrong? Unless this sort of thing has happened before or been mentioned before there really is right or wrong way for what "leeching dimensional energy" would do.

Seems common sense that if something loses energy it would return to it's natural state, no? It's using that energy to make itself different. Especially considering that the inside never shrinks you would think that the enhanced difference between the sizes would increase the energy required.

Of course it's fictional but it's so far from anything that makes any sense that it came across as a silly plot device to keep the Doctor from helping, which it was. ;)

The energy is used making it look like a police box, how do we know the actual outside of the tardis is not the seige mode box size?

Siege Mode is a security feature...like the '89 Batmobile shield cocoon. The normal appearance of a TArDIS is the same as those seen at the end of Name of the Doctor - when Clara helps 1st Doctor steal the right one.

Weak and lazy. The concept of (spoilers) Earth's plant life being sentient and protecting the planet was nice but totally wasted. And really, the only other person wandering about in the centre of London was the girl's mother? Yet another lame 'reset everything back to normal and forget it' ending. Massive let-down after the last two excellent episodes.

Well I have to say I didn't quite see that coming. I half feared she was Romana with the "left me for dead" comment, but never crossed my mind what Missy would be short for. Awesome. Makes that kiss all sorts of squicky though.

Also, screw you Moffat, for how creepy those three words are. I don't think I'm going to sleep soundly tonight after that.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back