Star Trek Enterprise Defibrillator Medical prop

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been building up one of the Phlox Medical scanners for myself and I'm working on finishing off the hero Hypospray from Enterprise that I also scratchbuilt with added machined aluminium parts.
I'd like to round out my Enterprise medical kit with the Defibrillator inducer. They were used as a pair and can be seen in a few episodes.

The prop looks like it was a conversion of a found item.

A good shot of the profile of this prop can be seen in Dear Doctor (Thanks to Trekcore!)

The back of the prop has a battery access slide panel with raised grooves which are part of the plastic body, which is another indicator that it was based on a found item.

If anyone could shed some light on what the found item is I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Wow, they would be big headphones.
Trying to work out what the round button on the top would be for.

Do you know the manufacturer please?

Thanks

Judging by the need for batteries, they'd either be wireless headphones, or noise cancelling headphones, so the button might have been to enable the noise cancellation, or be related to wireless functionality. The extra circuitry for either of those features would also explain the larger size, if they are in fact headphones.

found a different brand that looks closer.
it's definitely a fetal doppler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bebe-Sounds-Prenatal-Heart-Listener-by-Unisar-/221724619210
https://www.google.com/search?q=Beb...&sa=X&ei=uFUtVYDrJMaXgwSimYFY&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

this is it. i'm sure now.
Bebe Sounds Prenatal Heart Listener by Unisar

Thank you to all who have chipped in and taken a guess at what the found item was, I appreciate the help.

A BIG THANK YOU to jhk1982 for finding out what it was. I really appreciate the help. I just bought the correct model from e-bay.

My Enterprise era Medical prop set is getting more complete thanks to helpful RPF members.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back