Doctor Who Parallel World Transporter

Oblivion

My next project is to make one of these from stuff found around the house :)

so31ao.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wanting to build one of these also. I was thinking 3d printing the main part, but I had a hard time finding a good reference photo. 3d printing means it would be easy to make it hollow for lighting.

Where did you find your picture. I did a bunch of different google searches, but never found a picture as good as yours.

I've been wanting to build one of these also. I was thinking 3d printing the main part, but I had a hard time finding a good reference photo. 3d printing means it would be easy to make it hollow for lighting.

Where did you find your picture. I did a bunch of different google searches, but never found a picture as good as yours.

Google lol. I'll just build mine from literally household rubbish and a piece of acrylic to allow for lighting. Hopefully it'll look accurate ;)

Right we are off and running. As usual I'm sure there are far easier, better and quicker methods, but this is the way I chose to make it. :)

So this morning -

34ozij6.jpg
168znlt.jpg
b7ckfa.jpg
2w1sdhg.jpg
2ev4035.jpg
33k3d75.jpg
2j2955e.jpg
2a62h51.jpg
2q0ppih.jpg

Last edited:
OK this afternoon drilled out the centre section..............

kcnoso.jpg

Lightly sanded down and another undercoat

2qbexoj.jpg

Next I rolled out some silver oven bake modellers putty and utilizing some appropriate sized cutters (old spray can lids etc) I made the central detailing ....

2s0da85.jpg
k0jcs4.jpg

.... then into the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Which leaves time for a cup of tea and a cake while I wait :)

2ljnmef.jpg

Last edited:
Had to do some major reworking today. I was shocked to discover that what I had done thus far wasn't accurate. This however is starting to get there :)

WRONG .....................................................RIGHT

kcnoso.jpg
2eav2ia.jpg

Last edited:
Lots more work needed on this one, especially light sanding and the shortening of the 'ariels', but it's certainly starting to take shape :)

votobl.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back