RIP Garry Shandling

Cut off one head, two more will take its place. Hail Hydra!

Man, my wife told me this a couple minutes ago. Such a shocker I barely had any words. I think I might have actually said to her, "No he didn't".

Totally out of left field! He was only 66. Now I must go and find It's Gary Shandling's Show on youtube!

Thank you Mr Shandling for you deadpan humor!

I remember either E! or vh1 used to show episodes of his show back in the 90s and I always liked it. I thought he was a lot older than 66. This year just keeps getting worse.

Wow, this one was an absolute shocker! The Larry Sanders Show is one of the greatest comedies of all-time and I am truly saddened by this news. RIP Garry and stop taking all the talented people from us 2016! :cry

I grew up watching his show on HBO when I was younger. I loved his performance in What Planet Are You From?. R.I.P. Mr. Shandling. Thank you for the years of laughs. :*(

Totally out of left field! He was only 66. Now I must go and find It's Gary Shandling's Show on youtube!

Thank you Mr Shandling for you deadpan humor!

I couldn't believe it either...I loved that show, too. Have had this running in my head since reading about his passing:

This is the theme to Garry's show,
the theme to Garry's show,
Garry called me up last night,
and asked me to write his theme song.
It's almost halfway over,
how do you like it so far?
This is the theme to Garry Shandling's show :)

I couldn't believe it either...I loved that show, too. Have had this running in my head since reading about his passing:

This is the theme to Garry's show,
the theme to Garry's show,
Garry called me up last night,
and asked me to write his theme song.
It's almost halfway over,
how do you like it so far?
This is the theme to Garry Shandling's show :)
One of the best theme songs of all time.

RIP to one of my all time hero's, how sad to read just now and a huge loss to comedy and the arts,

Gutted he truly made me smile and laugh more than any other comedian could

Wow, this one was an absolute shocker! The Larry Sanders Show is one of the greatest comedies of all-time and I am truly saddened by this news. RIP Garry and stop taking all the talented people from us 2016! :cry

I agree. The Larry Sanders Show was ahead of its time. Such great talents, what with Garry, Jeffrey Tambor, and Rip Torn.

Always loved Garry's humor. Loved watching him on Letterman, too, back in the day.

Sad news, indeed. But ya know, it's only gonna get worse. In the next decade we're likely gonna lose legendary performers from our youth, such as Nicholson, Eastwood, Ford, De Niro, and Pacino. That is going to be very strange. And there may be no remaining Beatles on this earth. Very strange.

The Wook

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back