My working Luke ANH Macros. SHOW OFF YOURS!

Re: Working Luke ANH Macros. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still need a few parts for mine. Anyone that has or knows where to get the following would be helpful, thanks

one Kalimar 1:2.8 lens
aluminum belt clip
unidentified box (resin casting)
Kalimar lens finger knob (small aluminum part)

any my help would be cool, thanks again

chad

Hey Chad, I have Resin side boxes and triangular pieces that I sculpted. Ill PM you.

Wow! That's beautiful. & it workes?! Dude! DUDE! I'm speechless.
Are both lenses 80mm f2.8's?

Yep. They both say the same thing. f=80mm 1:2.8

- - - Updated - - -

I see you haven't got the guts to paint the lenses either!!! ;)

And they are never going to be painted. I just can't do it. I think they look better like this so in my head these are closer to AFB/Slightly used before Luke decided to paint the lenses for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 539797

Picture of where mine are at. Not to bomb your post, thanks for the motivation!

Feel free. The more Macros the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you again to Cameron and thanks for all the kind words.

Tom

These look awesome!

I only remember one other set of "working" Macros with a camera built in.
May I ask, what cam you ended up using? Any WIP pictures cameron?

I feel inspired ;)

Markus

yup, I need to know... as now I have a new goal for mine, which is mostly just parts sitting on a shelf still. All I'd done is tear down the Eumig so far.

This thread really hurts. ;)

I have most of the parts for the stunt, for the hero, and for a semi-hero with different fronts than the kaligar.

But for each one i'm still missing a few pieces.

I don't know what kind of camera is used but Cameron can probably let us know.

I will open it later tonight to try and see.

Tom

I don't know what kind of camera is used but Cameron can probably let us know.

I will open it later tonight to try and see.

Tom

That´d be great, thx in advance

Trooper already told me about a useful cam, but I like the fact that the screen on your Macros is set deep in the viewer hood so I am curious about the model ;)
Cameron...maybe you can post some WIP pictures!? Is it hard to install one of these for a non el-skilled prop builder?

Hey all,
I don't have a WIP for these. I always meant to but I never did. The biggest trick is finding the right camera. I used a dash cam in all my builds but the model I used does not seem to be available anywhere now. I went through about 6 different models before i found one that had the correct view screen and the small lens profile required to fit under one of the lenses. Im short on time right now but I will dig about and see what cam comes close.

Its not hard to install but there are some tricks. One trick is buying the correct extender cables to extend the reach of the view screen and the lens which are moved much farther away from the main body. Fitting the camera body inside requires some delicate housing tweaking as well. Success is dependent on the correct model of cam and knowing where to drill :)

How has everyone attached their lenses to the base plate? Mine is a aluminum RussRep plate. Thanks in advance, pics would been really cool!

Pay Cameron to build them. It will make life easier. His prices are very reasonable. I spent about ten minutes trying to take one camera apart and then decided to pay him extra to take them apart as well. Just sent all the cameras to him and these babies came back.

On the Lenses they just screw into the holders that Russ designed to go into the lens plate:

My%20New%20Collection%20002.jpg

My%20New%20Collection%20003.jpg

For the camera here ya go:

My%20New%20Collection%20005.jpg

My%20New%20Collection%20007.jpg

My%20New%20Collection%20008.jpg

Viewer screen without the viewer on:

My%20New%20Collection%20004.jpg

That´d be great, thx in advance

Trooper already told me about a useful cam, but I like the fact that the screen on your Macros is set deep in the viewer hood so I am curious about the model ;)
Cameron...maybe you can post some WIP pictures!? Is it hard to install one of these for a non el-skilled prop builder?

the camera I showed you is the same camera used in this build, there is another one that I use in my builds "F900LHD" but it takes a little bit of modifying to get it to fit due to the bigger screen, but both fit into the viewer. f or a more plug and play I would use the p5000 dvr camera like Cameron used. you will need two flexible flat cables ( FFL ) 0.5 pitch 200mm length 24 pin, make sure you get the correct ones or you will blow your dvr , trust me in know :lol
if you want to get a little tricky you can do what i did here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOYSQcJmh4k
it's not a complicated as you would think, I simply added phone wire ( it was the smallest wire I could find ) onto the buttons solder connections and ran it to the new buttons.
the eumig already has a button so I used it as well as the other buttons I added, I simply soldered the wires onto those connections.

Wow, Trooper. Thats a whole new level of awesome. Well done sir!!!

Trooper I just mentioned your incredible kit to some folks at Rebelscum when I was showing these off. After they wondered how much these are, around $1,200 plus when all was said and done I threw up a link to your Macros build as an awesome and much less expensive alternative.

Tom

thank you Tom, I appreciate that :)
some day...SOMEDAY I will build myself one, I have all the parts, just not the time to do it .....
there a real kick with the dvr in them..... and folks at cons go crazy for a look at them

thank you Tom, I appreciate that :)
some day...SOMEDAY I will build myself one, I have all the parts, just not the time to do it .....
there a real kick with the dvr in them..... and folks at cons go crazy for a look at them

That's me and my Vibro Axes. I have built six or seven and still don't have one fore me. Parts for two more and one is mine!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

the camera I showed you is the same camera used in this build, there is another one that I use in my builds "F900LHD" but it takes a little bit of modifying to get it to fit due to the bigger screen, but both fit into the viewer. f or a more plug and play I would use the p5000 dvr camera like Cameron used. you will need two flexible flat cables ( FFL ) 0.5 pitch 200mm length 24 pin, make sure you get the correct ones or you will blow your dvr , trust me in know :lol
if you want to get a little tricky you can do what i did here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOYSQcJmh4k
it's not a complicated as you would think, I simply added phone wire ( it was the smallest wire I could find ) onto the buttons solder connections and ran it to the new buttons.
the eumig already has a button so I used it as well as the other buttons I added, I simply soldered the wires onto those connections.

Lets see some pics

- - - Updated - - -

I changed the title. We need more pics of Macros. A lot of stuff here is older.

Lets see some Macros.

Tom

Thanks "Tom & Jerry" :lol
JERRY:
Somehow the cam in your macros seem to have a bigger screen, sitting higher in the transition box, that why I got confused and wanted to check what cameron used
Will surely need your assistance, when I finally start to redo my Macros...should happen within the next 1-5 years :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats pretty funny that we both settled on the same cam to use and never discussed it.

You've probably seen this one but here is mine signed by the man himself. All correct parts, Vid Cam installed. In fact I filmed him with it...isnt that ironic!
IMG_0299.jpgIMG_0302.jpg

Thanks "Tom & Jerry" :lol
@JERRY:
Somehow the cam in your macros seem to have a bigger screen, sitting higher in the transition box, that why I got confused and wanted to check what cameron used
Will surely need your assistance, when I finally start to redo my Macros...should happen within the next 1-5 years :lol

:lol:lol

mine to.....

I do have my display case to look at with my resin macro and my minty cameras. all my build pieces are in boxes :(

IMG_2488.JPG IMG_2489.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back