Sonic RPF Contest Build

If the price is right and the comparisons look insane I would be interested in one.

It’s now winter here in OZ and the workshop is colder than the Australian labour party popularity, anyway I had the knurling tool in the lathe last week going another job on a different sonic and was able to place the knurling part on the Dr’s sonic at the same time.

Placing photo’s in posts seems to be harder to do than it once was, I use insert image button go to photo and that’s it, no OK button. So you guys will have to imagine what it looks like in your heads. :lol

I just don't think I can make them for $100 or even $400 as there is so much work to get this far.

Since Rassilon is having problems uploading pictures to the thread I've offered to do it for him. Here's current progress shots.

Please join me in drooling while you stare in naked worship...

100_2337.jpg
100_2338.jpg
100_2363.JPG
DE2005.JPG
DMF2005.JPG

sorry. I just had surgery and have spent the last while internet-less :( bad withdrawal. I am amazed at the work thats going into this sonic. I can already imagine myself going around and pointing it at things!

I never even thought of printing dalek parts in 3D. That just makes perfect sense to me now.

That sonic is looking awesome. And to judging by the pictures it will fairly soon be in your hands.

I am currently having a fight with my version. Constantly enduring the reversing cha-cha. You know, one step forward, shuffle, two steps back!!

I dropped a quick email to Rassilon and his reply put a smile on my face: "you can inform them that you have contacted me and will be doing some more work on it next week or ? and that it is about 85% complete."

Yeah he's been doing a lot of outdoors-y things from what he tells me so he hasn't been near a computer much of late. Enjoying life is important and it seems he's doing so. If he can't post picture updates when he's ready I'll do it for him.

Hi guys
Many would be asking what has happened to the Doctors sonic build that I was to build from the Doctors winning design and very rightly so, It's been way to long and an explanation must be given as to why this build has staled.

The original contest was for a sonic to the build value of $1000Aud, the sonic build design far exceeded that cost in a lots of ways, to date I have spent over 40 man hrs in time just to get to the 70% completion and many more hr's was spent doing G codes for the CNC.

This alone was not a contributing factor to the build slowing to a holt, the sale of my machining business during this time removed my vast resources to do this type of prototyping, other life demanding issues, but the main reason, a drive to make DW props in general.

A lot of my own DW props also now go unfinished and sit in boxes, once the machining business was sold my drive to make anything seem to have gone with it the lathe and the CNC milling machines in my home workshop are covered in dust as well as rust.

Anyway, will send the 70% completed sonic project to the Doctor with parts and a little something to help him finish off the project were I left off.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back