'A worthless piece of plastic'

How can you not think that something from the set of one of the biggest and most influential blockbusters of all time would have high value? Especially when you host a show that spotlights stuff like this. Should have been no surprise here at all.

Reminds me of the Comic Book Men episode when someone brought in a crappy fan made lightsaber and the guys declared it this priceless bit of film history...except the opposite. Too many "experts" out there who don't know crap about much of anything.

Just watched the piece and Fiona was interviewing the collector tongue in cheek, there really was nothing negative in the piece at all, I think it really only made the news because of the Star Wars topic.

It should be noted that Fiona Bruce is a BBC (news) presenter and not an antiques expert

J

This reminds me of when a woman I knew saw my first prop acquisition,.....a MR Obi Wan Kenobi lightsaber. "You're such a geek!" she said. Followed by "Does it work?"

Yeah, I'M the geek. :facepalm

Not unless there is a flaw in the forum software.

(Timestamps are in my time zone.)

Interesting... my timestamps must be messed up. It shows this as earlier!

We've entered the Twilight Zone.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2
Weird for sure.
My time stamp shows this thread was started at 9:31AM and the other one he referred to was started at 8:53 AM.
It seems we all see something different :lol

While I'm not familiar with the exact premise of Antiques Roadshow my guess is that the experts on the show would be more familiar with your traditional antiques (art, furniture, clothing, etc.) and not that up on movie memorabilia and I'd imagine those that are are probably more familiar pre-1970s memorabilia.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back