Tron Legacy Costume

Thanks! Most people seemed to go for the Sam Flynn black light-and-sound discs. They are decent straight out of the box, but getting a little expensive these days. The old SoulInertia kit had a few parts to "accurize" the disc. I also added some extra LEDs to get a more even light-up effect. I probably still have an extra NIB disc kicking around my closet...I should sell it...LOL.

I am still offering kits @MrSouthpaw PM for details. ;)

@tim if you have any discs your looking to get rid of, NIP or loose, LMK.

souldisc.jpg
:cool

souldisc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Soulinertia

Thanks for letting me know about the kits. I appreciate you taking the time. Those discs look great.
@tim

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Can't seem to find one for less than $100 anywhere. Might have to just erase this build off my list. I didn't discover I liked costuming until about last OCT, and I seem to be "late" for a lot of builds. All the stuff is bought up.

@tim

Thanks for the heads up. I'll know whether I'm committed to the build or not by Tuesday.

In the meantime, studying jacket/boot options. Also gotta figure out them disc-holders on the back.

I think I remember some folks finding some stuff at Home Depot that was about the right size for a disc holder. I'll bet you could find a cheap plastic bowl or other container that would fit.

tim

I'll look into that. In the meantime I am reading the topic and seeing what I can figure out.
Soulinertia

Your kit can take any black "deluxe" disc and turn it into a black body/white light disc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Soul, I have followed this thread for quite a while and will soon (hopefully) by attempting to make my own Sam suit. Is there anyway to get a disc shown here? Do you sell them?

Here is my Kevin Flynn jacket. I 3D printed the identity disc holder and more details on my thread here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=233287&p=3785906#post3785906
I'm also considering re-doing the disc itself as a 3D printed object. The toy version is just not holding up, especially after the retrofit which didn't fit on the outer ring.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Bright-White-Coat.jpg
    Bright-White-Coat.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 2,210
  • Kevin-Flynn-front-dark.jpg
    Kevin-Flynn-front-dark.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,322
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back