Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

As for my price, it is 1,999 which minus ebay and paypal's cut which is a total of 13% i actually end up losing money because I paid a grand.
What? That just didn't make sense. Your price is 1999 but it's 1200? If you don't mind me asking. What kind of job do you have that you can spend 10 grand on sunglasses? If you're the one selling these things for 1200 you also have those KISS clothing shirts for 170-200 but they only cost 80 bucks from KISS! Do as you wish, but free shipping for a pair of sunglasses isn't anything. I've shipped 50-60 pound amplifiers across country for 58 bucks through usps with tracking and insurance. I can't imagine how cheap it must be to ship sunglasses.

You won't get a pair of 523's for 300, its that simple. Thats like trying to buy a lambo for 50,000. -- 400 could be realistic but you would have to find someone hard up on cash and wanting to sell fast.

So your options are to come up with more money, wait for an Oliver Peoples re-release (if it ever happens), or get very lucky and find a seller. However, I can assure you that a decent condition 523 would sell on ebay in probably less than 24 hours at a price tag of 300.

If you really want one, I would suggest putting aside like 5-10 dollars a week for them. In 10-20 weeks (5 or 10) you would have the extra 100, if you waited another 20-40 weeks that would be another 100 bringing you up to 500 and I know you could buy one for that price.

As much as I appreciate the FINANCIAL ADVICE... I'm in no need of it. Money is not an option when it comes to be purchasing the glasses. I just don't want to support the Capitalist Phat Cats ^^^ that have flooded this forum and now the auction site... the finger very much pointed in your direction from what I have seen and read. Im not into supporting a blatant rip-off even though I'm very financially savvy and comfortable. I've been a member on this forum since 2010 and am honestly shocked at some behavior here. The simple fact that one cannot go and buy the toucan shirt from Max Cady because the lot was picked up by none other than our very own ^^^^ to turn a profit.

thats absurd AJ. 10 pairs? That's why I say fight club is dead and the over commercializing of it is the cause. One of these guys in here who aren't willing to pay $900 for sunglasses could've had one of those. But you have ten and list them on eBay for $1200. Absurd. I'm not fight capitalism or anything. I'm all for people making money and selling goods in demand. But Fight Club was and will always be sacred to me. When I see this shhhhh. It makes me fight like project mayhem. But do what you like man.

LOL ^^^... but agreed :cheers

The supposed original release 98 op523 are not rare anymore. It's all a matter of perception. Look what happened to the Sunset market once it was revealed that replicas were being manufactured hand over fist. You can't give a pair of sunsets away now. What used to go for $1000+ won't even sell for $250 now. The same thing will happen to the op523 market soon. My advice, just wait it out.

Sad truth, Soul. I miss the days that Quality trumped Quantity. Like the days of "The SUNSET" being a pure exploration to attain. Except for your replicas man... Im glad there are so many in high demand. They are truly AMAZING! :thumbsup Now that I Like :cheers

As much as I appreciate the FINANCIAL ADVICE... I'm in no need of it. Money is not an option when it comes to be purchasing the glasses. I just don't want to support the Capitalist Phat Cats ^^^ that have flooded this forum and now the auction site... the finger very much pointed in your direction from what I have seen and read. Im not into supporting a blatant rip-off even though I'm very financially savvy and comfortable. I've been a member on this forum since 2010 and am honestly shocked at some behavior here. The simple fact that one cannot go and buy the toucan shirt from Max Cady because the lot was picked up by none other than our very own ^^^^ to turn a profit.
PREACH!!!

No disrespect, just speaking my opinion. Everyone is free to do whatever they want of course. Just sometimes is a let down to the whole idea of what Fight Club and TD is all about in actuality. As Danman has stated before and i couldn't agree more. FC is sacred to me as well. Masterpiece in fact, and i just don't want to see it.. well...

Thanks AJ, that's good to know. I was hoping that it was just the particular pair and that all my other ones werent in jeopardy of pitting. It isnt bad at all, most people wouldn't even notice. It's only 2 pin point pitts.

Also, just to let y'all know. I sent a pair of OP glasses that were scratched up to an Alloy guy and he refinished them with the brushed silver finish and they're perfect. They're actually identical to the brushed look of the 98's. He said he could give it more of a brush if need be, but he hit it dead on. They look brand new after they were scratched and even chiped. It didn't even mess up the stamping on the inside arm.

So if anybody has a scratched up pair he really can make them look brand new, it's amazon. Also, he is a super nice and honest guy. The only down side is he's real busy and it took 2 weeks to get them back. If y'all could use him let me know.

No problem I have seen some wrecked pairs. I have recently acquired a pair that has the G stamped on it. The gold frames can sometimes turn to silver. Not sure if that is the case or if it is a misprint.

By the way, check your pms.

No disrespect, just speaking my opinion. Everyone is free to do whatever they want of course. Just sometimes is a let down to the whole idea of what Fight Club and TD is all about in actuality. As Danman has stated before and i couldn't agree more. FC is sacred to me as well. Masterpiece in fact, and i just don't want to see it.. well...
I don't think people realize the affect this movie has. It was a prime motivator for me to lose weight, and I lost over 100 pounds in large part because of fight club. I went from a wad of cookie dough to being carved out of wood because of this film. Some people don't care about the message that this film has, and just use the movie for their own personal gain. It's sad really, but if this thread does die than at least it made it to 184 pages...

I don't think people realize the affect this movie has. It was a prime motivator for me to lose weight, and I lost over 100 pounds in large part because of fight club. I went from a wad of cookie dough to being carved out of wood because of this film. Some people don't care about the message that this film has, and just use the movie for their own personal gain. It's sad really, but if this thread does die than at least it made it to 184 pages...

Love hearing this, as I too was forever imprinted by the film's message. TD shaped how i react to many things and will retain council in my brain when it comes to certain factors for my lifetime. Plus Im a filmmaker and would love to contribute to the world as David Fincher did with this Cult Classic. "In Tyler We Trust."

BTW check out my new wall art. Polished Metal Tyler. :D IMG_2681.JPG

Kinison red lol. What a bunch of scammers. They'll say anything for the almighty dollar. I told you guys, if you want the color Pitt had in the film, don't waist your time asking anyone about color files. Just get a red color in a light tint. Ask them to tell you the levels of tint and chose the one thats light enough to show your eyes.

Kinison red lol. What a bunch of scammers. They'll say anything for the almighty dollar. I told you guys, if you want the color Pitt had in the film, don't waist your time asking anyone about color files. Just get a red color in a light tint. Ask them to tell you the levels of tint and chose the one thats light enough to show your eyes.

Well if we really want to solve that debate too Xmart owns the screen used 523's. If he posted a pic of his with lenses could easily see.

Anyone else think the MaxCady track pants are too slim on the legs, and crotch seam? Does anyone know if the originals had more room? the Tack pants on Pitt seem much roomier just by eye, anyone else think that too? :)

Anyone else think the MaxCady track pants are too slim on the legs, and crotch seam? Does anyone know if the originals had more room? the Tack pants on Pitt seem much roomier just by eye, anyone else think that too? :)

Coolsnell.. way too slim man. I could barely put on my 32 waist, and i am a 32 waist lol. Ridiculously small in the upper pants fit. But still an amazing replica in my opinion.

Just got a message from JacksColon via ebay:

"Hi Soul, saw you guys were talking about me being banned and noticed that this was your eBay page. Don't know why I was banned, just signed up on the 5th so that sure was a short run. lol. Didn't get a warning from anyone, just was suddenly banned. Tried contacting Art Andrews, but haven't gotten anywhere with that yet. Seems like a lot of people are being banned for seemingly no reason after reading some articles online. Just wanted to let you know, to my knowledge I didn't do anything wrong but according to TheRPF bannings are permanent. So I probably won't be allowed to return. Just thought I'd let you know since you were asking. Bye."

Last edited by a moderator:
Our records indicate this is a sockpuppet of a previously banned account from a member who has tried to create numerous sockpuppet accounts.

Just got a message from JacksColon via ebay:

"Hi Soul, saw you guys were talking about me being banned and noticed that this was your eBay page. Don't know why I was banned, just signed up on the 5th so that sure was a short run. lol. Didn't get a warning from anyone, just was suddenly banned. Tried contacting @Art Andrews, but haven't gotten anywhere with that yet. Seems like a lot of people are being banned for seemingly no reason after reading some articles online. Just wanted to let you know, to my knowledge I didn't do anything wrong but according to TheRPF bannings are permanent. So I probably won't be allowed to return. Just thought I'd let you know since you were asking. Bye."

Last edited:
By the way, I got in touch with the corporate office at Oliver Peoples. No one said they sell any frames there or have so they must be part of some kind of personal collection or the people I spoke to have no clue.

- - - Updated - - -

Our records indicate this is a sockpuppet of a previously banned account from a member who has tried to create numerous sockpuppet accounts.

Interesting thank you for sharing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back