Sylar Watches... a discussion thread.

Just FYI, I was at Wal-Mart tonight and saw a watch for $12 that was pretty close. The bands were "leather" instead of canvas, but the rest was pretty spot on from what I could tell.

I'm going to go back tomorrow and grab it. I'll post pics.

Just FYI, I was at Wal-Mart tonight and saw a watch for $12 that was pretty close. The bands were "leather" instead of canvas, but the rest was pretty spot on from what I could tell.

I'm going to go back tomorrow and grab it. I'll post pics.

Awesome. I might have to make a trip out there in the next couple of days...

Here's a test assembly for mine. I wanted to make sure the date area fit on the printout (plus the printer is off register, so it looks extra bad). The fingerprints on the inside of the glass don't help either.

1538538898_968965b68e_o.jpg

hey guys, I haven't been around...good to see some progress!!!

I saw a deal for some custom watches that are only $3.99 shipped with coupon code. Do you think this may work, just as a cheap base for the project or for everyday wear? I want an everyday watch so it doesn't have to be perfect, just passable.

I'd take a chance on it, if anyone has the art they would want to share. I "think" the whole face can be customized, I'm not sure though

watchuy0.jpg

edit...I musta read wrong shows $11....I'm gonna give it a go anyway with Dr S.

Last edited:
I found this today:

PA110097.jpg

It's a RAM watch, Model #RAMW1002. Found it at the Army store in town today for $20. If someone would send me the art for the watch face, I can work on exchanging them. The watch band is nylon and not canvas, but I'm thinking about getting some canvas and trying to make my own.

What kind of tools do I need to get this thing apart?

Anyone progress any further?

Someone did a run of Sylar watches recently in the Junkyard. Use the search function to find the thread. It was within the past month or so. I don't remember if it was split off from this thread or if it was a separate effort.

I found that thread but the watches offered were offered without accurate straps.....they reference this thread to find accurate pieces and I was wondering if anyone found the right straps to attach to the pieces being offered in the Junkyard...

I assume you mean for SYLAR? I used Bauhaus than then made changes to it since it wasn't accurate on it's own.

If someone's going to do some custom watches the artwork is in vector and I can send it to them to use.

Do you still have that design? I'd love to have it printed on my watch

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back