Aztec Universal Remote Conversion

Dr who props

Jr Member
Im a big Eccleston fan and decided to fill Eccleston fans dreams by creating an Aztec sonic it costs the universal remote and the David Tennant torch/Aztec replica included with the vortex manipulator.
I will post photos of the process soon, by the way is the tennant sonic replica able to unscrew the handle from the emmiter and the whole bottom part.

Last edited:
I might use the electronics for a baker sonic but i dont know how it could be a pull down, I might have to make an eights sonic with a button, also maybe some retraction to it too.

image.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The wires from the electronics have fallen

I tried making it into a wide slider version but the top part is nearly all fallen off I lost the glass tube so it won't extend and I want to make an aztec sonic I will post a picture of it after also the wires have fallen of the electronics and I do not have a soldering iron

I decided I'm going to use a plastic tube and put the pieces from the wand companies sonic over it, when I do this how would it be possible to bend the plastic inwards to make the curves on Eccleston's sonic here is a photo of the real prop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 237
I decided I'm going to use a plastic tube and put the pieces from the wand companies sonic over it, when I do this how would it be possible to bend the plastic inwards to make the curves on Eccleston's sonic here is a photo of the real prop.

Dremel , or Heat and bend maybe ?

Now as I couldn't get or make an aztec handle, I decided to use my wand companies one and make a non extending wide slider sonic, this is fine as using information from other websites it was said there were props that were only in one position, I thought this might have been the aztec sonic they were talking about but I found out it was the wide slider, I have completed it but I can't get the head to stay on the collar, I also need to add a button,image.jpg
here it is, also this is my first ever replica conversion so comment on how good it is please.

Looks like your build is coming out looking really good.

there were props that were only in one position, I thought this might have been the aztec sonic they were talking about but I found out it was the wide slider,

You were correct with your first thought, It is at least one of the no slot stunt Sonics (Aztec) that were locked in position like that. The hero version with the wide slot was the working extending version (that is why it has the slot).

Looks like your build is coming out looking really good.

You were correct with your first thought, It is at least one of the no slot stunt Sonics (Aztec) that were locked in position like that. The hero version with the wide slot was the working extending version (that is why it has the slot).
Aah, ok well I have no glass tube, is there anywhere I could get one that fits in the wand companies sonic?

Done, just need a button, works on 4.5v, to make up for the lack of extending, I gave it a sonic effect using an idea from the toy and used a UV LED to see secret messages. Also used plastikote colony cream without a base coat because I wanted to make the crackles the same colour as the whole coat, worked perfectly!
image.jpgimage.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back