2014 Toronto Prop Party

Well if it's that early I have no hope of getting anything in there. I barely have any hope of getting something done for the prop party ;_;

Here's the hotel

IMG_0791_zps4cc88ad5.jpg

IMG_0793_zps77dfcdcd.jpg

IMG_0775_zpse55453c5.jpg

IMG_0770_zpsac3ae3a2.jpg

IMG_0771_zpsafbbde71.jpg

Last edited:
Well if it's that early I have no hope of getting anything in there. I barely have any hope of getting something done for the prop party ;_;

PM sent, but thought I'd mention some of it here too for others.

The CNE folks need to know information about your items by the 20th. Size, weight, value for insurance, etc.

What about one of your helmets?
Some are replicas right?
None are anywhere near being finished and presentable at this point and I can't trust myself enough to finish them to make promises ahead of time.

A WIP would be fine for the prop party but I don't see the CNE being interested in unfinished stuff.

There's a possibility they would be, you could include photos of what you're building toward. This sort of thing would show some of the process that our passion leads us to follow. I'd say it's worth emailing them to see what they say.

I agree, you should call them. They seem to want to focus on the passion for the build. You may find they'd be interested, it's worth a try. If you want to.

Guys, where are you getting the dates from? the deadlines I see are:

May 23rd - Confirmation of loan/participation with the CNE (letting them know what you have, them letting you know what they want)
June 6th - Any digital material (photos, etc.) submitted to the CNE (if you are providing photos to the exhibit, not of your prop)
June 20th - Insurance values and exact dimension of objects submitted to CNE

I have received an email with a draft of the info they will use to write the contract, it is as such:
Title of Work: __Name or brief description of the piece (i.e. Grail Diary)____________________
Medium: _What’s it made of. Don’t need great detail, just general – metal, plastic, fabric, etc. ______________
Dimensions: __Straight forward, dimension/relative size of the piece_________________________________
Resolution of digital prints: __if you’re sending us photos to use in the exhibit, you can let us know the resolution here, but it’s not 100% necessary_______
Insurance Value: __Straight up, how much do we insure the piece for!_______________________
Permission to reproduce for the purposes of the exhibit or marketing the exhibit: Yes _:)__ No___
Credit line: __How you would like us to credit the piece. E.g. made by, courtesy of, date, or other info you’d like to include______

Drop-off and Pick-up of objects will be arranged on a case-by-case basis, but ideally would happen August 12-14 and september 1-2.

PS. I thought I had nothing they would want, apparently they want almost all my stuff, sans weapons.

Yep the CNE exhibit is the 18 days in August/September.

Apologies about the confusion/mixup about the deadlines. Confirming participation is indeed needed by May 23, they however are likely going to need information about the items being lent by June 10 rather than June 20.

This is what I confirmed with them yesterday to double check:

"You are correct May23rd is our deadline for knowing about participation. We did originally mention confirmation of objects to be June 20th, but a couple of internal deadlines have shifted, so the earlier we can the information the better it will be for us in the long run. If possible can we have the information by June 10th?"

Thanks for the info, the only deadlines i had came from the first document, they had not told me any others. I'll be doing up my listing very soon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back