New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

I agree it's a fine piece, but a few mods would make it more accurate and a closer match to the real prop. The Wand phaser was made as an accurate idealized version and not meant as a replica to the Jein phaser. But, a few mods would take it there.

I'd like to see someone offer upgrades services for:

• installing accurate higher seated 10-turn
• accurate P1 emitter with hollow hole tube.
• accurate power meter numbers
• accurate handle
• P1 rising site with solid extra crispy
• unpainted aluminum P1 trigger (personal preference on this one)
• more accurate aluminum P2 nozzle installed (I have several DStines nozzles)
• bottom screw under P2

Last edited:
I agree it's a fine piece, but a few mods would make it more accurate and a closer match to the real prop. The Wand phaser was made as an accurate idealized version and not meant as a replica to the Jein phaser. But, a few mods would take it there.

I'd like to see someone offer upgrades services for:

• accurate P1 emitter with hollow hole tube.
• accurate handle
• unpainted aluminum P1 trigger (personal preference on this one)
• more accurate aluminum P2 nozzle installed (I have several DStines nozzles)
• bottom screw under P2

That would be a pricey mod...

I made the following mods.

• accurate handle
• bottom screw under P2

I also made the following mods.

• Painted P1 with Zylonyte primer and buffed to proper finish
• Painted body of P2.
• Polished metal
• Installed watch crown on P1
• Painted P1 trigger aluminum

While some have taken apart the phaser or parts of the phaser I was able to make all mods with having to disassemble. Now, it would have been easier to paint with the phaser apart but I didn't want to cause damage.

Man, I can't imagine the weird upgrades that people will be doing to these in a year. I love how quickly this stuff builds up.

This Mod Squad? Phasers never looked so hip!!

trekmodsquad_zpsb3d8180a.jpg

I've been hankering after one of these for ages now. Noticed one of the UK suppliers had a special, reduced from £119 to £89. Went to order and found it was a 24hr special and I'd missed it by 20 mins. Arrgghh!

I made the following mods.

While some have taken apart the phaser or parts of the phaser I was able to make all mods with having to disassemble. Now, it would have been easier to paint with the phaser apart but I didn't want to cause damage.

How did you manage to replace the power meter numbers without disassembly?

On another note, awaiting my replacement phaser which should arrive by tomorrow. Hopefully this one will be flawless as if you do not live in the States, returns can get rather pricey. Paid $17 duty (I presume) at the post office to pick up the original phaser I ordered. StarTrek.com will not pay return shipping from Canada, so there's another $28. No doubt I will pay the $17 fee again to get the new one. If the new one isn't right I will be intensely miffed.

How did you manage to replace the power meter numbers without disassembly?

On another note, awaiting my replacement phaser which should arrive by tomorrow. Hopefully this one will be flawless as if you do not live in the States, returns can get rather pricey. Paid $17 duty (I presume) at the post office to pick up the original phaser I ordered. StarTrek.com will not pay return shipping from Canada, so there's another $28. No doubt I will pay the $17 fee again to get the new one. If the new one isn't right I will be intensely miffed.

Well, I took a Dremmel and sanded the existing meter window down to just shy of flush with the body of the P1. THen I painted the meter window black and glued the new meter window to the old with epoxy. Go figure, still works just fine.

Got my replacement phaser at long last: looks good, works fine. The box, however is another story.

Since a few of you have bought additional phasers, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to sell me a relatively pristine box and instructions sheet. Just the box and instructions - not the carrying case.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

I got mine a couple of weeks ago from the Star Trek Online store, the packaging arrived in pristine condition, and delivery was really fast too, which was nice. I love this phaser and it by far is the nicest one I've ever owned. Now to line up a glass case for it!

I hope everybody had a very nice Xmas this year.

To the point of this post, I read some disturbing news about thinkgeek.com and I would like to ask you guys who ordered from thinkgeek or startrek.com.
If you guys don't mind can you post defective units from tg or st .
The reason I am asking is I found out that tg is possibly sending out returned units as NIB and reselling them, hence why obviously defective units are being received by customers.
So again , if you got a bad 1 please respond with the defect and the seller= ie. thinkgeek or startrek.com

"Thank in advance for replying :ninja

Here's my experience:

I purchased one from StarTrek.com that came decently packed in a box with those inflated packing thingies. Phaser box was pretty much pristine as was the instruction sheet. The phaser, though had a misshaped crispy and what looked like a pooled area of paint on the P2 (see my photos earlier in this thread. So I sent it back.

Replacement had the same packing, but this time the phaser box was damaged - and it didn't look like the damage came from shipping it to me. The instruction sheet was a bit crumpled and there were indications someone had handled the phaser (and possibly scratched the handle, but it may have been me). However, the phaser itself was almost perfect; good paint, functioned correctly, correct shaped crispy and the nozzle functions beautifully and centered.

Obviously, I prefer the second phaser I got, but would have liked the box and instructions I got the first time around.

Again, if anyone would like to sell me a nice box and instructions, please let me know!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back