Farscape Moya, Tayln models??

takevin

Sr Member
Just picked up the full dvd set and movie and rewatching the show, shame stupid sci crap channel pulled this off the air. Anyhew, trying to see if anyone yet make these models, also Johns shuttle anymore?? Short of otherwise building them myself. Thanks:thumbsup

There have been a couple different Farscape models released over the years, all of them "garage kits" of various qualities. Right now there's a guy spamming ebay with painted wooden replicas that IMO are way overpriced.

I've had generally planned on making a ~4 foot moya at some point so I've screen-capped the hell out of the series. Dunno if I'll ever get to it by all my screencaps are here if you want to give it a shot: Moya pictures by jackdoud - Photobucket

And here's a few of Talyn I have: Talyn pictures by jackdoud - Photobucket

Saw the one at Federation Models, is it a good kit? Saw nothing at the starshipmodels store but thank you. Thank you for the pics Jack. :)

Hi again,
Guys...im getting ready to start building a 3D model of the pilot from Moya. Scanned the internet trying to find really good pics of him . Anyone out there
got any good close up pics of the entire animatronic.
Any help appreciated.
Thankx T

TZY, are you going to create the 3D model out of clay, etc...or model it on the computer? Full statue, or bust? The reason I ask, is because it'll be difficult, if not impossible, to find a full-body pic from the show. Now, the comics are a different story.:)

TZY, I'm actually in the process of going through the series and taking screen shots of the different vehicles and characters from the show. I know in the episode "The Way We Weren't," they show a full body shot of Pilot. I'll let you know when I get those saved. I'll try to get some other screen shots of Pilot as well. :)

TZY, are you going to create the 3D model out of clay, etc...or model it on the computer? Full statue, or bust? The reason I ask, is because it'll be difficult, if not impossible, to find a full-body pic from the show. Now, the comics are a different story.:)

I was just thinking of doing a bust from the control panel up ...arms and upper body.
I know someone who dose 3D work for me on computer. If i get enough info together he can create it in the computer then I work with it on my computer to get it ready to build in a 3D printer. I then take that to casting and make copies.
Ive done that with a few kits I make . Ive attached links to some of them.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack Album - 15 images
ImageShack Album - 5 images
ImageShack Album - 16 images
ImageShack Album - 27 images

TZY, I'm actually in the process of going through the series and taking screen shots of the different vehicles and characters from the show. I know in the episode "The Way We Weren't," they show a full body shot of Pilot. I'll let you know when I get those saved. I'll try to get some other screen shots of Pilot as well. :)

Thanks for the heads up on the name of that episode..It will save me some time looking.
I have the set myself...and just heard that they are releasing the series in Blu Ray this week. That will give even better image caps. Defiantly stay in touch ...always looking for new sources.
Thanks again Tony

No problem, T. I'm holding off on getting the Blu-Ray set, since it is just an upconverted version. I'm happy with the DVD set for now. :) I will let you know when I get the screen caps of Pilot done for that episode.

Saw the one at Federation Models, is it a good kit? Saw nothing at the starshipmodels store but thank you. Thank you for the pics Jack. :)

Tony's Talyn is awesome, and it matches the scale of my Moya kit - on sale at Federation Models (plug plug plug).

The Moya master was built off of as many reference images I could collect. At the time, the DVDs were coming out slowly for the show and almost all were Season One so I used that version of Moya as my target. Later seasons used variations of the CG model, most of which were not nearly as complex based on my observations. Very few images offered an orthographic view, so I had to generate my own plans.

A few years later, a pal of mine managed to find some sweet CG images of the Season One SPFX geometry and printed me a sheet in ortho views, at the scale of my model. I'm proud to say that I got it so close you'd never notice the difference.

Be careful of the recasts of that Moya kit. The hull is a 2-piece shape and hollow so you can light it if you wish. This made it very tricky to cast, there's not a straight line to be seen from any angle. The recasts I've seen are atrocious and damn near unbuildable.

Here's an old article I'd posted online about the build:
Christopher Doll - Scale Models - How I made Moya

Give Federation Models a call, he's doing a great job with them.

Hi again,
Guys...im getting ready to start building a 3D model of the pilot from Moya. Scanned the internet trying to find really good pics of him . Anyone out there
got any good close up pics of the entire animatronic.
Any help appreciated.
Thankx T

Make it so!!

Blackbirdcd, the Moya model you made is fantastic! I have toyed with the idea of trying to scratchbuild one myself, but I might have to break down and buy one from Federation, because it's just too frelling good! *chuckles*

Blackbirdcd, the Moya model you made is fantastic! I have toyed with the idea of trying to scratchbuild one myself, but I might have to break down and buy one from Federation, because it's just too frelling good! *chuckles*

Thank you!

It was a ton of fun to make, and I did it because I knew there wouldn't be any others out there.

Don't think I'll ever tackle another model master that has ZERO straight lines :)

Make it so!!

Hay Chris,
Glad to see you in here. I was just thinking of contacting you yesterday.
Ive had the mesh for the Moya shuttle ready for a while and decided to get it into solid form. I ordered the parts yesterday. It should be here in about 2 weeks. Hope to have it ready for casting after that in about another week.
I will post a parts break down photo tonight.
BTW...Got meshs for Scaren Dreadnought, Vigilante, Command carriers,Prowlers, and marauders.....hehe....And No ...im not building the Dreadnought in scale with Moya...No more big kits... Nearly had an aneurysm doing Valley Forge .
T

I've seen some great Prowlers out there, but I'd love to see what you come up with, Tony.

Looking forward to seeing the shuttle too. I'm going to revisit watching Farscape shortly, it's still such a great show. Hoping the kids get into it a bit.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back