White House Down (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Last edited:
I'm currently working on "White House go all explodey" for a summer 2013 release. It's shot with a cell phone and the sound will be provided with a Close N' Play record player. It will RULE at the box office!

I'm currently working on "White House go all explodey" for a summer 2013 release. It's shot with a cell phone and the sound will be provided with a Close N' Play record player. It will RULE at the box office!

I'm getting in line right now!!!:D:lol

Extended Trailer... OUCH does this ever look painful. I am not a fan of Foxx or Tatum, but even then, this just looks like the buddy movie from hell.

Last edited:
I was wondering, when he loses the rocket launcher, is it because he breaks a nail and burns his fingers like Willie Scott? If so, that would be a reverse of stereotypes. The Jordans part really makes me roll my eyes. I didn't see the last White House Down movie a few months back... what was it called?

I was wondering, when he loses the rocket launcher, is it because he breaks a nail and burns his fingers like Willie Scott? If so, that would be a reverse of stereotypes. The Jordans part really makes me roll my eyes. I didn't see the last White House Down movie a few months back... what was it called?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (a.k.a. "Ramirez! Do everything!")

Heard one person on I believe it was Good Morning America talking about this today how it came in behind "The Heat" say something to the effect of "I just saw this a few months ago"

I saw this Friday. Better than I expected and better than "Olympus Has Fallen". Not great, but a fun summer popcorn flick.

It's sad when a Roland Emmerich popcorn action flick has more red blood than a zombie movie.

SInce I've seen both Olympus and White House Down, I think I'll be sticking with Olympus. It may not be as fast paced or as blatant in it's political message, but at least there was no comic relief and the kid was not used as a generic "I've got your kid!" hostage cliché. I also think Gerard Butler is a way better actor.

Also, when you unleash a whole mini gun on someone, it should do a lot more damage than simply knocking the guy back.

It's sad when a Roland Emmerich popcorn action flick has more red blood than a zombie movie.

SInce I've seen both Olympus and White House Down, I think I'll be sticking with Olympus. It may not be as fast paced or as blatant in it's political message, but at least there was no comic relief and the kid was not used as a generic "I've got your kid!" hostage cliché. I also think Gerard Butler is a way better actor.

Also, when you unleash a whole mini gun on someone, it should do a lot more damage than simply knocking the guy back.

It would make the ED 209 machinegunning scene look tame lol. Actually it would probably just be a giant spray of spaghetti-oh gore.

Saw this last night and boy-oh-boy what a stinker!

Pacing is horrible, no character development at all, just flat out boring in some scenes. Olympus Has Fallen looks like an absolute Oscar winner compared to this.

4.5/10

Not terrible; basically Die Hard or Under Seige in the White House. Nothing new, nothing exceptional, but nothing too over-the-top bad (except for maybe Foxx's decidedly UN-presidential performance.

My 13-year-old Call Of Duty addicted son and I chatted about this. That many rounds from that gun at that range would leave little or nothing left.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back