Kylo Ren Voice Changer HELMET (not mask)

Excellent work!!

My goodness, that is a beautiful helmet!

You've done what I wanted with the bands, guess I'll have to hop of my high horse for thinking I'd get to it before anyone else! Really great work man!

That looks awesome, is that epoxy? Looks kinda like that sclupt-able 2 part epoxy.

Thanks guys!

The bands were a pain to get right, but I'm glad I decided to do everything as individual pieces and this thread and everyone's work in it is what got me motivated to do this.

The black and grey parts are indeed 2-part sculpt. Black came with dye in it already and it's really soft initially. Very messy when you wet it too, because of the dye. I prefer the grey stuff.

Progress pics. Thinking I'll be ready to paint in a couple weeks depending on how much time I can dedicate.

Sorry if I missed this, what thickness did you use of your plastic? I was planning on doing the same thing and just remaking the front part.

Sorry if I missed this, what thickness did you use of your plastic? I was planning on doing the same thing and just remaking the front part.

Not sure. This has been a measure once, cut twice project and I've been using scraps I've had taking up space for almost a year. I wanna say most pieces were between 1/16 and 1/8 initially.

Last edited:
Nice! Did you use black ABS sticks to fill in the gaps or did you just weld around the seem homogenizing it together?

I smoothed and homogenized as I went. Then I would sand down, and use the soldering iron or wood burning tool to smooth and homogenize more. I did use some of the scrap plastic from the interior of the helmet that I ripped out to reinforce/fill in some on the backs of all the welds.

I had high hopes for this helmet. But I guess I felt disappointed in what it was for the cost. I was hoping for something that would not require so many mods to make it a decent replica. To me, the size, materials and function are not too far from the clone trooper and feet helmets offered a few years ago for $35-$40. For $80, this should have not have been sectional, at least not a seam down the from and back half. Also, a battery compartment panel on the outside is ridiculous.

I appreciate the great mods people are doing but I just feel for $80, that level of modification shouldn't have to be done. I am hoping that Rubies comes out with some sort of deluxe/supreme version that is makes for a better replica.

I had high hopes for this helmet. But I guess I felt disappointed in what it was for the cost. I was hoping for something that would not require so many mods to make it a decent replica. To me, the size, materials and function are not too far from the clone trooper and feet helmets offered a few years ago for $35-$40. For $80, this should have not have been sectional, at least not a seam down the from and back half. Also, a battery compartment panel on the outside is ridiculous.

I appreciate the great mods people are doing but I just feel for $80, that level of modification shouldn't have to be done. I am hoping that Rubies comes out with some sort of deluxe/supreme version that is makes for a better replica.

With a Rubies Supreme Vader helmet you have more to do if you want it screenaccurate.;)

My Kylo is on the way from the USA!:)

I found 1 at target the other day and the box was beat to **** so i took it to the returns department (only way to get discount) and showed them the condition of it.

The manager came and she said due to the damage on the box she can give me 15% off, I also had a 10% coupon plus my target red card gets me another 5% off thus in total 30% off which came out to about $55.

Moral of the story is if you find one just smash the box and take it to the front to get a discount lol

Figured I'd post in here since this thread is what got me wanting to the mod the BS helmet. Using the overall dimensions I decided to just remake most of it. I've got a lot more to do, most of the pieces pictured need fillets and filler before primer can even be considered, but I think it's starting to really take shape and I'm pretty excited to finally be able to wear it. Some of the pieces are pretty pieced together as well because initially I was just going to make it a bit more accurate than the BS helmet but gradually made it more accurate as the build went on.

My helmet will maintain it's ability to be taken apart as well, at least the grille/mouth pieces.

View attachment 579430View attachment 579431View attachment 579432View attachment 579433View attachment 579434View attachment 579435View attachment 579436View attachment 579437View attachment 579438

good lord that looks good 0_0...so the main pieces are Sintra I'm assuming? I've never worked with Sintra or styrene but I'm gonna have to have a go after seeing this...any tips?

i don't doubt it but Rubies products are a crap shoot. A future deluxe/supreme edition offering might be awesome or just awful.

Yes...but I would say there will come out nothing better from Rubies as this Hasbrohelmet.Only the anovos will be better..but a lot more expensive.And the paintjob will be never so good like a great fanmade one.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back