Chicago Comic-con are you going show us your cosplay costume

So as I have been spending cash left and right on my Chicago trip the wife has put me to work the last two days doing a garage sale. :( tried to tell her I could make more picking up a shift at work but I think she sees it as a penance. I dint have to get rid of any of my tools but my old computers and floor speakers had to go...... wile I may ware the pants she decides when 2 take them off so ultimately she's in charge. Hahahahaha

So as I have been spending cash left and right on my Chicago trip the wife has put me to work the last two days doing a garage sale. :( tried to tell her I could make more picking up a shift at work but I think she sees it as a penance. I dint have to get rid of any of my tools but my old computers and floor speakers had to go...... wile I may ware the pants she decides when 2 take them off so ultimately she's in charge. Hahahahaha

Ha...I'm in the same boat. My fiance nixed my idea to throw together a Snake Plissken costume based on how overboard my spending got on my Hobgoblin. I tried to convince her i'd pick up shifts at work to balance it out but she put her foot down.

I think my Hobgoblin is ready to go other then a few passes of weathering-
DSCN0980.JPGDSCN0976.JPGDSCN0983.JPG

View attachment 355202Going hasHan and Chewbacca with two ewoks

Nice one of my travailing companions will be going as Darth Maul
Hope to see you and your group at the Meet up.....

My First Cosplay ever was at a convention in Colorado for the release of Episode one in 1999.... i got to play a pod racer video game with Jake Lloyd while I Was dressed as a young obi wan... the funny thing was i dint even realize i was playing against him until a large crowd gathered...

Last edited:
See a few photo ops and Panels overlap for actors. Bought VIP for the first time(Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Bang Theory) and may just attend my first panel ever. Looking forward to meeting the lovely Nebula as well.

Well............ Not going to have enough time to finish venom before the Con............... :( so I will have to dig into my old costumes to see if i can throw something else together.

Well............ Not going to have enough time to finish venom before the Con............... :( so I will have to dig into my old costumes to see if i can throw something else together.

damn, that sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing that bad boy up close. It's understandable though, its a very ambitious costume and you dont want to rush it

My fiance and I have a photo op with the guys from Big Bang Theory early Saturday morning. The question is, do i wear my hobgoblin costume for my photo op or run back to my hotel after and put it on? I was all gung ho to wear it and thought maybe they'd get a kick out of it but my fiance seemed mortified when i mentioned i'd be wearing it (i think she's secretly embarassed by my need to cosplay). What do you guys think?

Does it cost to get the cast BBT to sign a card ? Id be up for one either way? stuck in Germany so wont be making it there:(

My fiance and I have a photo op with the guys from Big Bang Theory early Saturday morning. The question is, do i wear my hobgoblin costume for my photo op or run back to my hotel after and put it on? I was all gung ho to wear it and thought maybe they'd get a kick out of it but my fiance seemed mortified when i mentioned i'd be wearing it (i think she's secretly embarassed by my need to cosplay). What do you guys think?

If there's one thing that I have learned its keep the va-jj happy. While the guys would get a kick out of the costume you sleep with her. :) she probably wants a pick she can put on the mantel. .... but if you can get her to cosplay with you then you win all the way around.

My problem might be moot...Rumor is that the Big Bang guys are going to have to cancel since the new season begins filming August 19th. Wizard World put up the floor plan today and the Big Bang Theory guys don't have a spot in the celebrity area. If they do cancel i'll probably use my refund to get the Sebastian Stan/Anthony Mackie Winter Soldier photo op i originally wanted.

Big Bang guys are officially canceled. I already used the refund from that for the Winter Soldier photo op. I was tempted to do the Guardians of the Galaxy photo with Karen Gillan, Michael Rooker and Batista but its scheduled at the same time as the John Carpenter panel which is my top priority since i bought the John Carpenter VIP ticket. Theres just so much going on saturday i'm having a hard time choosing which things to see and which to skip.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back