Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

Just saw it, can't add any new thoughts beyond it's been an age since I have seen a movie I want to be such an advocate for.

James Hance is my hero.

IMG_437929228626810_zpsglajx71l.jpeg

I disagree, I saw it as a character kind of thing. Remember, his people are very literal and I don't see them, or Drax, as being the type to get into the whole PC thing or phrase things more politely just to save someone's feelings You also have to remember that at that point in the movie they still really aren't friends yet, allies, yes, friends, no; it wasn't until towards the end of the movie that Drax accepted the GoG crew as more than just allies of convenience and as friends.

Funny you should mention the "Aren't friends yet, allies yes, friend, no" bit because it's during the final battle on Ronan's ship where Drax tells each member individually that they're his friend that he calls Gamora a you know what.

And it's not because the line wasn't PC that I had an issue with it. Why would Drax, a character that doesn't have a firm grasp of metaphors or similes call Gamora a *****? Where in the film does she act like someone who sleeps around with people only for money? She was one of the first members of the team who wanted to return the orb to the Nova Corps rather than sell it off after they learned what kind of power the Infinite Stone had. There is nothing in the film to justify why he called her that.

Didnt like it at all. From start to finish I just couldn't get in to the film I even had a sleep while there .

Ouch!
I just got back from seeing it for the second time and loved it just as much as the first time last week,
Shame you didn't enjoy it.

Also back from seeing it for the second time, if anything I enjoyed it even more, the dancing Groot planted a grin on my face that just wouldn't leave.

so for Guardians 2 I'm thinking this. The cocoon in the Collector's place was Adam Warlock as theorized. But due to being released too early, he's in his evil Magus persona and its up to the guardians to bring him back to his good side, with help from Cosmo who is now running Knowhere. For new members I'd really like them to bring in Mantis. Introduce Nova as one of the members of the new Nova Corps being powered by the infinity stone. They could even have Thanos help them in an uneasy truce, since him and Warlock are almost friends at times. Of course he will just steal the Soul Gem from him the moment he gets the chance.

This all sets up Infinity Gauntlet. The three most important characters in that story were Adam Warlock, Dr Strange, and Silver Surfer. they cant use Surfer, but his role was essentially moving really fast towards the action to be a distraction. Nova could easily be his replacement. Also Loki could totally be Thanos' right hand man in place of Mephisto

so for Guardians 2 I'm thinking this. The cocoon in the Collector's place was Adam Warlock as theorized. But due to being released too early, he's in his evil Magus persona and its up to the guardians to bring him back to his good side, with help from Cosmo who is now running Knowhere.

Ooo, Universal Church of Truth. I totally forgot about them. This gives more credence to my prediction that the Cancerverse will come into play in Avengers 3.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back