Iron Man 3: Tony's headset?

Thanks. I'm more a mesh designer, can't get the hang of sketchup lol. Would it be ok if I get the size of your side parts, the led housing? I want to print one tonight on my 3d printer to get an idea of scale ;)

Paul

The side pieces are 3" long and 3/4" high.

Ed

The side pieces are 3" long and 3/4" high.

Ed

Thanks so much mate. I modded mine in style and uploaded it to my store here, will probably break it down in parts but I'm liking the estimate they gave me on build cost. Looks like I'm doing \tony and Spideman for this years Expo :D

408197_266121460175877_991049793_n.jpg 8707855663_cf28a3af5d_z.jpg 8710552712_b3983cd0cb_z.jpg

Paul

Here's my mods I made. How does it fair to your design? resized the whole headset to 6" across and the side bits are 3/4 high as you mentioned. I also made a 5mm hole in the mesh for the wiring and LED :cool
hset1.jpghset2.jpghset3.jpghset4.jpg

Paul

Looks really good Paul. Only thing I see is the lens should have some more angles on the end. I assume you were using the Hot Toys doll as a model. The doll isn't screen accurate so you'll want to stick to screen shots if you are going for a cannon look. Do you plan to put the two holes in the uprights or do you just plan to drill them after printing(that is probably what I would do if i were getting the uprights printed instead of cut out of aluminum)?

Looks really good Paul. Only thing I see is the lens should have some more angles on the end. I assume you were using the Hot Toys doll as a model. The doll isn't screen accurate so you'll want to stick to screen shots if you are going for a cannon look. Do you plan to put the two holes in the uprights or do you just plan to drill them after printing(that is probably what I would do if i were getting the uprights printed instead of cut out of aluminum)?

Me personally I'll drill them. For Shapeways though I may boolean them into the mesh. I need to find a decent reference for the lens but that will be seperate anyway. For now I'm happy with the simplicity of the head band but will no doubt change that later :)

Found this one and you are right it has a few chamfered edges I missed ;)

Iron-Man-3_01.jpg

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul what happened to this link, both your shapeways direct link and the Junkyard post are invalid. I was very interested to see your work on the LED housing parts.

I recieved a C&D (Cease and Desist) from Marvel. They recognised my talent and after a few discussions and a contract I am now working for them under NDA so if we release anything it will be through Marvel :p

Paul

Re: Iron Man 3: Tony's headset 3d file

I'm afraid not as it is against my contract with Marvel. All of the 3d models I posted here are now their property and I am working with them to produce replicas that will eventually go on sale to the public. I did ask admin to remove my posts regarding this :/

Paul

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back