Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Re: Indy 5 is a go!

Best method is to just ignore him completely. Don't mention him at all, just pretend he never existed.

Well going by his age in Raiders,....to Harrison's age in 2019,...this film should be set in 1973

J

I've hoped for quite some time to see Ford as Dr. Jones, working at the university, and recounting the tale of some adventure from his past to a group of students. The story of course would include a younger version of himself, obviously played by a new actor. That new actor then moves forward with future films in the franchise, as Indiana Jones himself, and we all just kind of move on.

Dr. Who is portrayed by different actors. James Bond is as well. While we spend time debating who is the best, we don't lose sight of the fact that as long as the movies/shows are good, we continue to watch and enjoy them...so while you may think Connery was by far the best Bond, that doesn't really impact how much you enjoyed "Skyfall."

I have always felt felt that Indiana Jones could be this same type of character...as long as the movies are good, we can debate how Ford was better, or how New Actor Playing Indy is better, but we'll still enjoy the new films all the same.

I've hoped for quite some time to see Ford as Dr. Jones, working at the university, and recounting the tale of some adventure from his past to a group of students. The story of course would include a younger version of himself, obviously played by a new actor. That new actor then moves forward with future films in the franchise, as Indiana Jones himself, and we all just kind of move on.

Dr. Who is portrayed by different actors. James Bond is as well. While we spend time debating who is the best, we don't lose sight of the fact that as long as the movies/shows are good, we continue to watch and enjoy them...so while you may think Connery was by far the best Bond, that doesn't really impact how much you enjoyed "Skyfall."

I have always felt felt that Indiana Jones could be this same type of character...as long as the movies are good, we can debate how Ford was better, or how New Actor Playing Indy is better, but we'll still enjoy the new films all the same.

I had never thought about bringing on a new actor like that. It's brilliant!

I didn't hate 4, and there were some pretty cool parts, but I do hope that 5 can do a much better job at the whole thing. Best to leave Aliens out.
I think Indy did best when looking for a religious artifact.

Been thinking this for years and years.
PASS THE TORCH ALREADY!!!! LOL

Hell they could do a great plot twist where a big story "reveal" is done in old Indy times and we learn how it all came about in the past with Indy in his prime.

We really really realllllllllly need the 1930s back. That's home. That's the magical era where Indy belongs. In those shadows Belloq described.

CRAZY IDEA!!
so Spielberg has officially stated that Harrison Ford IS Indy and won't be recast?

What if
What if
What if they DONT recast him but do a CGI double?
They have already shown off this "skill" with Young Tarkin/Leia. Is it possible they could do that for an entire movie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRAZY IDEA!!
so Spielberg has officially stated that Harrison Ford IS Indy and won't be recast?

Yeah, but Disney own's the rights now via Lucasfilm. Spielberg/Ford won't always be around. Do people honestly think Disney will let that franchise die with them!

I didn't hate 4, and there were some pretty cool parts, but I do hope that 5 can do a much better job at the whole thing. Best to leave Aliens out.
I think Indy did best when looking for a religious artifact.
Exactly. Aliens begon!! I thought they did an okay job but it's definitely not the originals.. this movie should definitely be set around 1970.. I do agree with Km on the hopes that this is better than number four though

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back