The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

my humble efforts, thanks to everybody who has posted on here, its all been very helpful

I've found a new jacket on ebay haven't seen it on here, also, I contacted them and they said they would do it without the perforations on the front

tumblr_nbnmcey3Jg1r0nbmwo1_1280.jpgtumblr_nbnmcey3Jg1r0nbmwo2_1280.jpgtumblr_nbnmcey3Jg1r0nbmwo3_1280.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_nbnmcey3Jg1r0nbmwo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nbnmcey3Jg1r0nbmwo4_1280.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Oooo, very pretty. Any pictures of it lit up? And were you still considering doing a kit of this?

Yeah, I'm still sourcing a couple different components. Trying to figure out exactly how I want to light it. I have a couple different ideas. I'll put an interest thread up when I get it all sorted out.

Yeah, I'm still sourcing a couple different components. Trying to figure out exactly how I want to light it. I have a couple different ideas. I'll put an interest thread up when I get it all sorted out.

Sweet. Looking forward to it.

On another note, I got my blasters today. Yay! I'm kinda torn about gutting them because they're so much fun to play with, but it's a necessary evil. I kind of want to put lights in them but that's completely new territory for me to be stepping into. We shall see.

Hi all. Longtime lurker, first time poster. Been costuming for a while, finally decided to start posting here.

Anyway - I'm working on a starlord build and have most my ducks in a row but am struggling with lighting options for the eyes. I bought some red el wire but it just doesn't seem bright enough. For the lenses I'm using a red transparent clipboard.

What is everyone else using for eye lights? I realize some people are using whatever it is that Davey includes in his helmet casts, does he sell them separately or can somebody explain what is in those light kits if that's allowed? Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Hi all. Longtime lurker, first time poster. Been costuming for a while, finally decided to start posting here.

Anyway - I'm working on a starlord build and have most my ducks in a row but am struggling with lighting options for the eyes. I bought some red el wire but it just doesn't seem bright enough. For the lenses I'm using a red transparent clipboard.

What is everyone else using for eye lights? I realize some people are using whatever it is that Davey includes in his helmet casts, does he sell them separately or can somebody explain what is in those light kits if that's allowed? Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

im using LED strips, then just putting them around the inside of the eyes. at first i thought it was gonna be to bright for my eyes but it didnt seem to bother me at all.

I need help with a slimmed down costume option for running in races. I can't run in the long sleeve jacket options, but the photos with the sleeveless red leather jacket might work with a grey tech shirt. However, all I can find are women's jackets and those that look like they should only be worn by Michael Jackson exclusively. Has anyone seen anything close to the vest/jacket he wore in the hospital/Entertainment Weekly photos? I can run in leather if you know of something close. I just don't want the sleeves or to gut a sleeved jacket. There are red wind vests, but I'm not in love with those options either.

http://www.eonline.com/news/571490/...om-guardians-of-the-galaxy?cmpid=tweol-manual

Found this earlier..

Just search guardians of the galaxy vest on eBay

I need help with a slimmed down costume option for running in races. I can't run in the long sleeve jacket options, but the photos with the sleeveless red leather jacket might work with a grey tech shirt. However, all I can find are women's jackets and those that look like they should only be worn by Michael Jackson exclusively. Has anyone seen anything close to the vest/jacket he wore in the hospital/Entertainment Weekly photos? I can run in leather if you know of something close. I just don't want the sleeves or to gut a sleeved jacket. There are red wind vests, but I'm not in love with those options either.

http://www.eonline.com/news/571490/...om-guardians-of-the-galaxy?cmpid=tweol-manual

Last edited:
I just did some scaling based on the size of the print on the jacket from the swatch cards, the magnetic snaps on the jacket, pants, and bag are roughly 16 mm.

New jacket arrived today--so much better!

It's heavier than the "fjackets" version is. I also went up a size. The first jacket was a little snug and slightly too short. This one is definitely longer (somewhere between the two would be ideal), but the overall fit is better. It isn't as tight on me, but it isn't too big either. The color is just about the same as the fjacket version, and the snaps are actually two piece snaps (so you could unsnap them if you wanted to--not sure why you would!)

20140911_123158_zpslt7iuxf3.jpg

Overall I'm very pleased with this one. The only mods I see myself doing to it are adding the patch and port, switching out the zipper, switching out the grey webbing for elastic (to match the elastic I'll use on my pants), and weathering/dirtying it up a bit.

I'm generally too busy at the moment to post a lot about my own GotG effort (screen accurate and fully kitted SL, Groot & Rocket by the end of October... I must be insane) but here's a very early w-i-p teaser of something:

testrender.JPG
They will have accurate, ergonomic and mirrored grips amongst other things. (Since this image was generated, I've actually scrapped the whole grip section and started over because I wasn't happy with the direction it was going. The shapes are fairly complex.)

Just got my sample of certified production used jacket material in. The pattern is very detailed and tiny! Notice the small dots between the triangular shapes.
Even in person it's hard to tell if this is a completely clear print or if it has any tint to it due to the way it refracts the light. There is no dimension to it at all. Definitely screen printed.

20140911_160442.jpg

Even in person it's hard to tell if this is a completely clear print or if it has any tint to it due to the way it refracts the light. There is no dimension to it at all. Definitely screen printed.

Most clear screen print paints are not that shiny. I'd be very surprised if there isn't something mixed int here to reflect the light differently than a straight-up clear. (Especially considering it had to behave in a certain way under set lights and on-camera.) Looking at really high-resolution shots of the jacket, you can make out the occasional dot between the points, but most of them appear to have been worn off- maybe during the weathering process.

Just got my sample of certified production used jacket material in. The pattern is very detailed and tiny! Notice the small dots between the triangular shapes.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/GirlsofComicCon08/20140911_160442.jpg

So with the jacket, is it primarily cotton twill with the arms being leather and such?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back