STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Oh, I think Guardian's looks like terrific fun.

I'm sure it is but somewhere down the line I missed what this is exactly... is it based on a comic book? (I know lots of people are pointing and laughing at me right now or something) I just don't know what this is or where it comes from... not familiar at all and the trailers didn't do anything for me at all... the constant banal bantering must be too esoteric for me since I am not familiar with these characters or world so none of it was funny or even slightly amusing... and nothing in the extended trailers made me want to go spend $11.50 to go see it. I'm sure its fun but I'll wait for the DVD.. (one must understand I am a father of two and my bills are pretty high so I have very little to no entertainment budget right now so DVD on my home screen it will have to be. :D )

I know zero about these characters, that's why it seems fun to me, no baggage!

good point. If even one of the trailers made me chuckle or laugh out loud I'd consider going to see it but the dialog was dull as hell. I do hope that was just the mild and least interesting parts of the film (which would be odd to choose to use to promote it) I'm sure I'll eat my words when I do finally see it though but I just gotta say, I just don't get it. ricky the raccoon and a walking tree that says 3 words over and over again... and some earth guy that is hanging out with them and seems to be out of place or not really a part of their team for some reason.. .like The Last Starfighter or something? I guess I'll have to go research what this is :D I'd post this at the Guardians thread but I'm afraid I'd get jumped and fiercely admonished! :D

LOL! I think the comedy elements fit what I have seen, the sound track is awesome. I think where this will feel odd is if/when they join these characters up with the other Marvel heroes. That will be a bit incongruous.

Anyway, back to Rebels!

LOL! I think the comedy elements fit what I have seen, the sound track is awesome. I think where this will feel odd is if/when they join these characters up with the other Marvel heroes. That will be a bit incongruous.

I've never been a comic book man myself... even as a kid I never really cared much about comics... I do appreciate when a film adaptation takes a comic franchise and turns it into something cool... so its news to me that there were (are) these other Marvel comic heroes ... maybe I'd be more excited about it if I was a comic book guy. I guess I am to this franchise what others are feeling about Rebels! :D I'm now on the flip side of that coin... so to steer us back on topic for this thread... I am indeed excited and look forward to Rebels and appreciate what it is and can't wait to see all the Joe Johnston/ Ralph McQuarrie esoteric eye candy that will be peppered throughout the series! :D (hows that!?) LOL!

Well this has gotten super off topic... Personally I'm looking forward to GotG because I accidentally got into their comics trying to find out more about Thanos. I ended up really liking the team and found the comics to be fun reads. I am, however, really tired of people saying it's like Star Wars. Let's make a list.

It's a fun space adventure.

There you go, that is the only similarity I see. The settings, the characters, the origins, the team's motivations, the villains, etc. are all different. Come on people, Star Wars doesn't have a trademark on setting adventuress on other planets. Let's just take things on their own merits and not try to force the SW comparisons.

Edit: But yes, back to Rebels, the McQuarrie nods are pretty cool to see.

Well this has gotten super off topic... Personally I'm looking forward to GotG because I accidentally got into their comics trying to find out more about Thanos. I ended up really liking the team and found the comics to be fun reads. I am, however, really tired of people saying it's like Star Wars. Let's make a list.

It's a fun space adventure.

There you go, that is the only similarity I see. The settings, the characters, the origins, the team's motivations, the villains, etc. are all different. Come on people, Star Wars doesn't have a trademark on setting adventuress on other planets. Let's just take things on their own merits and not try to force the SW comparisons.

I wasn't at all or in any way comparing it to SW or saying it was anything like it... I just didn't know what the hell it was or why all the hype or why anyone thought it was funny since the trailers didn't amuse me one bit! :D I just am not feeling it nor interested in it... and not sure why someone felt the need to post the poster for it or the comments about it in this thread to begin with... that was nothing but off topic derailment to begin with! :D there is indeed a thread for Guardians of the Galaxy but I ain't going near that place! :D

what I really want are these life size statues!!!!

The-Rebels-Girls-at-SDCC.jpeg

3873404_orig.jpg

3359358_orig.jpg

at least I didn't say I;'ll rent the VHS! :D

Then we'd really need to talk. :lol

Funny though, of all the versions I've ever had of Star Wars, the VHS ones are the only ones I don't still have. I gave them to some young friends of the family many years ago. I'm pretty sure they have no monetary value, but I really wish I'd kept them just for the nostalgia of it. I still have the VHS player/recorder, the laser disc player, and the original Toshiba DVD player that first came out in '97. I'm a pack rat if nothing else! :D

Then we'd really need to talk. :lol

Funny though, of all the versions I've ever had of Star Wars, the VHS ones are the only ones I don't still have. I gave them to some young friends of the family many years ago. I'm pretty sure they have no monetary value, but I really wish I'd kept them just for the nostalgia of it. I still have the VHS player/recorder, the laser disc player, and the original Toshiba DVD player that first came out in '97. I'm a pack rat if nothing else! :D

:D I had the VHS box set and sold it in a yard sale about...oh, I think 13 or 14 years ago now? I had a nice VHS player/recorder but it ate a tape a couple of years ago and my wife forced yanked it out messing up the play heads... I really need to get with the 21st century and get a digital recorder... walmart has a Magnavox HDD, DVR, and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner, 320GB for $233 but I"m such a cheapskate that I can't even bring myself to buy it as I don't watch enough tv to need to record anything! :D I could get whatever digital recorder my cable provider offers but I already pay $180 a month for the cable/phone/internet bundle as it is and I think they charge extra for the DVR... I've gotten to the point in my life where I can't nor care to keep up with the latest technology :D I'm barely using my iPod touch and don't know what half the buttons do on my tv remote! (my gawd I've turned into my father! :D )

If Rebels is past my bedtime then I'll have to get that DVR... :D

:D I had the VHS box set and sold it in a yard sale about...oh, I think 13 or 14 years ago now? I had a nice VHS player/recorder but it ate a tape a couple of years ago and my wife forced yanked it out messing up the play heads... I really need to get with the 21st century and get a digital recorder... walmart has a Magnavox HDD, DVR, and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner, 320GB for $233 but I"m such a cheapskate that I can't even bring myself to buy it as I don't watch enough tv to need to record anything! :D I could get whatever digital recorder my cable provider offers but I already pay $180 a month for the cable/phone/internet bundle as it is and I think they charge extra for the DVR... I've gotten to the point in my life where I can't nor care to keep up with the latest technology :D I'm barely using my iPod touch and don't know what half the buttons do on my tv remote! (my gawd I've turned into my father! :D )

If Rebels is past my bedtime then I'll have to get that DVR... :D

Man, do I know what you mean...

Here within the last couple of weeks my DirecTV dish literally fell over. The pole rusted at the ground and it just collapsed. I looked out my back door and said, "WTH...?" Anyway, I called DirecTV to schedule a repair and during the process somehow I managed to get talked into upgrading my service with one of those HD DVR "Genie" devices. I'm currently paying around $65.00 for bare-bones satellite TV because I, like you, don't watch enough TV to even warrant having it. After sleeping on it that night I asked myself what in the world I had allowed myself to get into, so I called them back and said scratch that upgrade because I won't be needing it. It was only going to cost around $13.00 more per month, but even still, I just couldn't justify it because it would be money wasted. So, the guy came out and re-installed my dish and I'm still on the minimum package. :/

As for smart phones, you're a step ahead of me as I've never even owned one! :lol You may think I'm joking, but I literally have never even sent a text message. The whole concept to me just reeks of "doing something just because you can". And cell phones for me have always been for my own convenience, not someone else's. Somehow, I've managed to live and tell about it so evidently I'm not doing anything drastically wrong! :lol

LOL! I'm with ya brother! aside from my iPod touch (a.k.a. the iphoneless) I have the dumbest cell phone they make! it does calls. LOL! and yet I only speak to my wife if I have to so still not sure why I have it! :D but just in case the kids need to get in touch with me I suppose.... and I hate when people text me... I rarely if ever text back! :D

I have enough to juggle with a couple of fandom forums and Facebook... I don't twitter or tweet or whatever its called.. I don't instagram-cracker... :D I do have tapatalk and use it to keep up with this forum while at work as its easier to do on the iPod touch than using the browser but don't use it much... I have lots of apps, use maybe 5 of them. :D

my neighbor's dish is attached to the house and it fell over but its been that way for a year so I guess they don't use it! :D ya, that is why I am hesitant to call my cable provider for info on the DVR because I will have to upgrade to their digital super duper mondo tier and pay more for a bunch of channels I won't watch! :D my HDTV is cable ready and I already get 8 HD channels so right now I don't feel the need to get ALL of them in HD. would be nice to have SyFy in HD I suppose but I can't jump up another $50 a month just because I want SyFy in HD instead of regular digital broadcast... I already have DisneyXD on my basic cable package so I will see Rebels and the kids and wife watch stuff on Netflix so I feel I am covered for TV entertainment for a while... I can only sit in front of the TV for an hour or so a night anyway at most and usually only a few nights a week... the rest of the time I am a web potato instead! :D

Man, do I know what you mean...

Here within the last couple of weeks my DirecTV dish literally fell over. The pole rusted at the ground and it just collapsed. I looked out my back door and said, "WTH...?" Anyway, I called DirecTV to schedule a repair and during the process somehow I managed to get talked into upgrading my service with one of those HD DVR "Genie" devices. I'm currently paying around $65.00 for bare-bones satellite TV because I, like you, don't watch enough TV to even warrant having it. After sleeping on it that night I asked myself what in the world I had allowed myself to get into, so I called them back and said scratch that upgrade because I won't be needing it. It was only going to cost around $13.00 more per month, but even still, I just couldn't justify it because it would be money wasted. So, the guy came out and re-installed my dish and I'm still on the minimum package. :/

As for smart phones, you're a step ahead of me as I've never even owned one! :lol You may think I'm joking, but I literally have never even sent a text message. The whole concept to me just reeks of "doing something just because you can". And cell phones for me have always been for my own convenience, not someone else's. Somehow, I've managed to live and tell about it so evidently I'm not doing anything drastically wrong! :lol

I know! My cell phone may as well have a rotary dial on it! :p It is a good thing to have when I'm in a pinch, but I definitely don't live by it like some people do. I honestly have no idea what some people did with their lives before cell phones came on the scene... :/ :D I don't twitter at all, and the only reason I have a Facebook account is so I could see someone's Star Wars artwork years ago. Other than that, it amounts to "zero" with me... :D

I'm usually late to the game in getting involved with/responding to the handful of threads here on the rpf. It's pretty much always after I get home from work in the afternoon or on weekends. Other folks have logged in all day and night with their mobile communications devices, but I'm pretty much happily stuck in the late 90s - early 2000s I guess! Again, I've lived to talk about it, so... :lol

LOL! I'm with ya brother! aside from my iPod touch (a.k.a. the iphoneless) I have the dumbest cell phone they make! it does calls. LOL! and yet I only speak to my wife if I have to so still not sure why I have it! :D but just in case the kids need to get in touch with me I suppose.... and I hate when people text me... I rarely if ever text back! :D

I have enough to juggle with a couple of fandom forums and Facebook... I don't twitter or tweet or whatever its called.. I don't instagram-cracker... :D I do have tapatalk and use it to keep up with this forum while at work as its easier to do on the iPod touch than using the browser but don't use it much... I have lots of apps, use maybe 5 of them. :D

my neighbor's dish is attached to the house and it fell over but its been that way for a year so I guess they don't use it! :D ya, that is why I am hesitant to call my cable provider for info on the DVR because I will have to upgrade to their digital super duper mondo tier and pay more for a bunch of channels I won't watch! :D my HDTV is cable ready and I already get 8 HD channels so right now I don't feel the need to get ALL of them in HD. would be nice to have SyFy in HD I suppose but I can't jump up another $50 a month just because I want SyFy in HD instead of regular digital broadcast... I already have DisneyXD on my basic cable package so I will see Rebels and the kids and wife watch stuff on Netflix so I feel I am covered for TV entertainment for a while... I can only sit in front of the TV for an hour or so a night anyway at most and usually only a few nights a week... the rest of the time I am a web potato instead! :D

I know! My cell phone may as well have a rotary dial on it! :p It is a good thing to have when I'm in a pinch, but I definitely don't live by it like some people do. I honestly have no idea what some people did with their lives before cell phones came on the scene... :/ :D I don't twitter at all, and the only reason I have a Facebook account is so I could see someone's Star Wars artwork years ago. Other than that, it amounts to "zero" with me... :D

I'm usually late to the game in getting involved with/responding to the handful of threads here on the rpf. It's pretty much always after I get home from work in the afternoon or on weekends. Other folks have logged in all day and night with their mobile communications devices, but I'm pretty much happily stuck in the late 90s - early 2000s I guess! Again, I've lived to talk about it, so... :lol

yup, I fear I"ve gotten too sucked in with these forums of mine... Facebook is such a PITA and a waste... I like the PM feature and its how the 501st keep in touch with me and notify me of events... I have scaled back a lot of my forum check ins though. I only check a few star wars threads here and my main forum is astromech.net for my droid builds and events... otherwise I had to stop with checking white armor, dented helmet, sithlord detachments, etc etc etc... just too much for my brains and it keeps my wallet a little less beat up! :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back