Thor is a woman

Re: Thor has been transgendered

First off...I don't think it was established in the meme posted on this thread that it was prostitution.
There was no mention of her getting paid for all the sex she was supposedly having...just having all the sex part....in that hot metal bra thing....in those hot boots. ;) ;)

Secondly...if anyone is to be labeled a "ho" it should be Stark/Ironman. Dude is a horny motherf'er.

;)

Stark is my Broho... ironhoe.png

As for the role of Thor being taken up by a female; as long as it's a good story I'm all for it! :)

***I personally think it's Disney wanting to bring it's own adaptation of wonder woman to the big screen... Conspiracy ensue!

Captain America, when Bucky took over.

that's not a flip of sex or race though?

My point is it's ok to reassign and flip as long as it is a white male being eliminated in some way, even if temporary.
Most of this stuff is gimmicks and I get that but it's predictable because of PC dominance over these creative processes.

Last edited:
that's not a flip of sex or race though.

My point is it's ok to reassign and flip as long as it is a white male being eliminated in some way, even if temporary.
Most of this stuff is gimmicks and I get that but it's predictable because of PC dominance over these creative processes.

Yeah, I got what your point was. MY point is that white males are the vast majority of the superhero population in comics, and have been from the start. Maybe if there comes a day when female and non-white heroes are equally represented with white males in the comics industry, things like this won't be a big deal. However, that day is FAR from this day.

Yes, it may be a publicity stunt, but if it proves popular, it'll be just another stepping stone on the way to getting there.

Yeah, I got what your point was. MY point is that white males are the vast majority of the superhero population in comics, and have been from the start. Maybe if there comes a day when female and non-white heroes are equally represented with white males in the comics industry, things like this won't be a big deal. However, that day is FAR from this day.

Yes, it may be a publicity stunt, but if it proves popular, it'll be just another stepping stone on the way to getting there.

I"m all for creating new characters that represent everyone, I enjoy characters that represent everyone. Hijacking the success of other characters bothers me though when it's clear they are doing it to force diversity. Create diversity should be the process.
Rather than hunting down white male characters to change. Creative bankruptcy comes to mind as well. It's obviously less risky and gets headlines
to do these things, collectors will more likely buy them, rather tnan try to introduce a new character nobody has ever heard of with good writing and win fans.
I'm getting older and grumpy of course, I do think characters should be pretty much as created unless that character is known for changing, some are created that way.
If Blade were flipped to white male imagine the freak out and I would be one of them.

That's where the "rebranding" concept comes in. Nobody wants to change "the brand." "Captain America," for example, is a proven seller of a brand. Could be anyone in the suit. USAgent, Super Patriot, The Red Skull in a Steve Rogers mask, Bucky, Falcon, whatever. It's all about the brand, not about the character.

This is why, for example, Ms. Marvel is now a Muslim-American teenage girl, instead of a blonde, caucasian adult. They could've created a new character, but nobody would buy a book about an unknown character.

Ultimately, I suppose this is about the titles, rather than the characters. The comic book itself, rather than the characters in it. So, maybe you launch Kamala Khan as the new Ms. Marvel, then have her hand over the role to Carol Danvers again, and have Kamala become...I dunno...Captain Solar or whatever, and launch the new character's comic after having introduced her to readers. Actually, that could be what's going on with Falcon, now that I think about it. Falcon takes over as cap, which drives up interest in the character that coincides with the films AND provides an opportunity for a future film storyline, and then they launch Falcon's own title, maybe starting as a limited 4-issue series, and eventually becoming a full series if that sells well.

But I think that's the reason they don't just launch an entirely new character. Plus, NEW characters don't get attention from the non-comics press the way that changing an OLD character does. So, when The Flash becomes a Korean woman, the news media sits up and takes notice. Whereas launching a new DC comic about a Korean speedster called "Velocita" or whatever, no one will care about that, and the comic will flop in 3 issues.

Name recognition. That's the only thing that matters in entertainment media.

I think of Harley Quinn, here was a female character that simply took off, she was created as a Joker goon, those being dominated by throwaway males forever, she wasn't planned to become anything big and just exploded.
So new characters can become remarkably successful if they are good enough.

I think of Harley Quinn, here was a female character that simply took off, she was created as a Joker goon, those being dominated by throwaway males forever, she wasn't planned to become anything big and just exploded.
So new characters can become remarkably successful if they are good enough.

Yea, but Harley Quinn was created specifically for the 90's Batman animated series and became popular because of it, long before she was brought into the comics. They (DC comics) didn't take a shot in the dark that paid off, she proved her worth before they decided to bring her into the comics fold.

Yea, but Harley Quinn was created specifically for the 90's Batman animated series and became popular because of it, long before she was brought into the comics. They (DC comics) didn't take a shot in the dark that paid off, she proved her worth before they decided to bring her into the comics fold.

Same is true with Renee Montoya... Now she's one of the missed ones.

Re: Thor has been transgendered

So, basically, they just turned him into a variation of Valkyrie, minus the wings?

At least female Thor has pants.

This Thor design seems pretty tasteful to me, considering the direction they could have gone with it. Although it kinda rubs me the wrong way that they have to rely on the reputation of a name in order to have "cool" female character.

The biggest part that bothers me I think is the fact that real-Thor is NAMED Thor. It's not a title. Thor is the male's name given to him by Odin at birth. He wasn't named Joe, and when he got the hammer became Thor. He was Thor from the beginning.

Batman. Spiderman. Captain America. Blue Beetle. etc.. those are TITLES that can be taken up by someone else.

THOR is always going to be the male Viking like character. It will NEVER be a WOMAN.

Now if you want to call her something and "Goddess of Thunder" Sure. "God of Thunder" or "Goddess of Thunder" are titles and can be passed along.

But really Marvel, you ****ed up here.

When they say the person who was named at birth Thor is no longer Thor, that's simply stupid. So yes, they're quickly off for it being bad. The only good thing is it'll clearly not last long.

Comics always does these gimmicky things... if you think you're doing it it be PC, you're wrong, this is totally for sales and attention. It gets them headlines and (theoretically sales).

Superman died. Robin was killed. Spider-Man got married. Cap was killed. Etc.

The biggest part that bothers me I think is the fact that real-Thor is NAMED Thor. It's not a title. Thor is the male's name given to him by Odin at birth. He wasn't named Joe, and when he got the hammer became Thor. He was Thor from the beginning.

Batman. Spiderman. Captain America. Blue Beetle. etc.. those are TITLES that can be taken up by someone else.

Yes. Exactly THIS.

What other people also aren't thinking about is that Thor is a religious icon. Yeah, the religion hasn't been practiced in a super long time, but still. It's not just some random character, it's a historical and religious character that was used for the basis of the comic book character. It would be like trying to pass Abraham Lincoln off as a woman. It just... isn't that way.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back