The Strain (FX television series)

I'm sold on keeping an eye on it for now after watching the pilot. I've not read the books, but I can't believe no one at the airport had ever read "Dracula" They should have known there was a problem with the plane (ship) arrived with no one alive on board.

Well, there was a sign in the airport stating "Feb 12 Eclipse" The first date listed was Feb 8, and by the end of the episode it's Feb 9.

I missed that! Darn multi-tasking... Thanks for clearing that up. Makes WAY more sense now. :)

Generally liked it, but man it was a lot more cheesy than I thought it'd be. And the old guy who blinks sideways. They did that in the first Men In Black movie. My biggest complaint is that the characters do really DUMB things. But... I did like that wicked proboscis-appendage-thingie sucking that guy dry followed by the Master scuttling off... that was pretty cool.

Generally liked it, but man it was a lot more cheesy than I thought it'd be. And the old guy who blinks sideways. They did that in the first Men In Black movie. My biggest complaint is that the characters do really DUMB things. But... I did like that wicked proboscis-appendage-thingie sucking that guy dry followed by the Master scuttling off... that was pretty cool.

Wasn't he the guy in the WhishMaster series of movies?

I liked the first episode but it was very uneven. Some parts were great and others, well cheesy. The Nazi order was a great idea especially with the "jew" hunting them. Nazi zombie vampires that rule the world through a massive conspiracy has a great potential for a series. But it's early days, let's see what happens.

Second episode was mostly a snoozer. I feel like the audience is waaaaay ahead of the characters and the story so far. Just waiting for the old guy to get out of jail and start kicking ass!

Agreed Alan. The audience is not dumb, they (we) have pretty much figured out what's going to happen. The characters running around with no clue is yes, a bit boring. Lets get the action going and see what they can do. Yes, the little girl in the tub.....creepy....

3977220-thestrain2.jpg

I don't remember the girl talking in the book.
LOVED the dialogue between the Nazi and Satrakian at the jail. Referring to him by his number and "Jew" was pretty badass.
I don't quite understand why the changes from the book when the book was originally written as a show. Why the changes?
So far I like the characters and the actors playing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Vampire swat team was just bad ass last night.....will be intrigued to see how their story plays out..and why they are killing the infected.

The Vampire swat team was just bad ass last night.....will be intrigued to see how their story plays out..and why they are killing the infected.

I just finished reading the final book. Boy, if their story is ANYTHING like the book, this is gonna be GOOD! :D

My only complaint is the leader looks a bit like the twisted white rabbit makeup one of the contestants did on Face Off a few seasons back. It's the teeth, I think.

Cool, I haven't read any of the books...so it's all new to me.

The books are... okay. There are only really two likable characters in them so I had a hard time getting through fairly large swaths of them. However, I will say that their take on the vampire myth IS one of the most original I can recall coming across so it's got that going for it.

Necroscope's concept was pretty cool with its parasitic/symbiotic vampire thing. Much like The Strain.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back