Star Wars Battlefront: Phase Zero Dark trooper

How are things going?
Hey Tk things are going slooowwwwwllllllyyyyy on the dark trooper. I've gotten most of the pieces out for a prototype and I've started to build up the jet pack but I'm flat stick at the moment with work so no spare time at the moment. No worries I'll get back to it soon!

Updates Please!!! :cheers

Hey 68 sorry mate no progress at the moment I should be able to get back to this in a couple of weeks I've been up to my eyeballs in a contract and now it's school holidays :)

I'm going to start building and painting up pieces to get them to rigging stage so we can see what it's going to look like. Stay tuned!

update at last! I've gotten the prototype armour trimmed up for fitting. I'm seeing my mate this Saturday for a test fit. If that goes well I'll be able to rig the armour and drop it in paint :)

I've got a few changes that I want to make to the helmet so I'm going to have to remake this to get it where I'm happy.

Pics up soonish

sooner than I thought! Here's the jetpack taped together to get a feel of how it will look. I'm pretty happy with how this has turned out and I reckon it'll paint up nicely. I'd really like to do a weathered paint job on this suit ...

20161019_140227%20563x640_zps2opjqivl.jpg

20161019_140246%20640x360_zpseaegq2xm.jpg

okay so had a fitting over the weekend. Overall it went really well I pretty happy with how the forms are sitting. There's a bit of work to do in a couple of places but for the most part I'm happy to start putting the armour into paint and start doing a proper rigging.

20161022_203432%20532x640_zps60q0yb5i.jpg

The good news is that the dark trooper clearly looks pretty pissed off about something which I think works well for the suit. It makes a standard tk bucket look almost happy :)

Backpack and helmet are pretty well balanced with the suit it doesn't look out of proportion but most importantly he looks top heavy and somewhat hunched over which I think is a good reflection of the game model

20161022_203521%20278x640_zps8v8rjckn.jpg

So the bucket still needs a bit more rounding in front. It photographs pretty square like an old FX bucket so I need to add a bit more curvature. The lower leg is way too big and doesn't have enough form in it. But pretty much all the other pieces are working well.

the helmet is my first version I've made a few changes to the forms got a bit more to do. Hopefully the next form will be the final one

the shoulder bells are a bit tricky. The game model has them kind of floating in mid air but it looks kind of silly in the real world! The bells look a lot better when they can travel with the arm.

20161022_203442%20360x640_zpssvngdihk.jpg

Nipple I mean bolt placement was good for a couple of laughs. we tried a few different places.........some were more humorous than others :) I think a bit of flexibility here would be good

20161022_205731_zpskb9rkrvc.jpg

Ok C and C most welcome if you can see anything that needs improving give me a yell. Sorry for the crap pics we'll get better ones when the things into paint

Last edited:
Wow!! This is coming along.

I do agree that the dome has that unwanted FX look to it, but over this trooper is looking really good!

I really dig that jetpack.

Wow!! This is coming along.

I do agree that the dome has that unwanted FX look to it, but over this trooper is looking really good!

I really dig that jetpack.

Thanks TK! yes agreed some more sanding in my near future and that should sort out the helmet :)

This is coming together really well. Your helmet and backpack in particular look great, and I think it's a great design to work up in plastic. Unlike some of the older EU stormtrooper variants, this helmet really does look like a heavy-duty stormtrooper, with some really interesting design features. The way the muzzle and frown step out rather than having a frown that is recessed gives it a really snarling, "don't-mess-with-me" countenance.

hey all finally had some decent weather so I got the armour into paint. I'm building up the jet pack at the moment and I'm rebuilding the helmet with an improved face plate. Almost there!

20161118_143706%20640x278_zpsxa9zlxyy.jpg

I ended getting a custom bluey-grey mixed up for the armour as I couldn't find anything off the shelf. I'm still trying to decide what colour to do the dark bits, looking at the colour palette it looks like there are 2 other greys so I may try and get close to this.

I'd normally build up the armour before painting but I need to fit it to my model again so we are going to wing a bit with the paint job!

stay tuned for more updates

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back