ULTRON for Pepakura ** 04/11 paper unfold added!**

Re: ULTRON for Pepakura ** 5/9 FOAM HELMET TEMPLATE ADDED **

I will stare at your legs for days.... Even if they are a tall man's legs....

The arm parts seem to be just a tad too wide to fit in without having parts slide around or, in the case of the bicep, just not fit at all. I did find a really easy fix though.

I've not seen many people talk about or show adding open cell foam lining like this, so I don't know if it's just so common that everyone does it or if NOBODY thinks about it. But anyone else out there building Ultron, if your arms are length wise perfectly scaled but are a bit too wide or loose, try this. These fit so snug on the wearer that I don't need to add in an elbow joint.

How comfortable is that? I'd like to try that, hopefully not too warm.

The arm parts seem to be just a tad too wide to fit in without having parts slide around or, in the case of the bicep, just not fit at all. I did find a really easy fix though.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/nK3NlgPl.jpg[/URL]

I've not seen many people talk about or show adding open cell foam lining like this, so I don't know if it's just so common that everyone does it or if NOBODY thinks about it. But anyone else out there building Ultron, if your arms are length wise perfectly scaled but are a bit too wide or loose, try this. These fit so snug on the wearer that I don't need to add in an elbow joint.

Great idea msleeper ;)

Great idea msleeper ;)

Thanks!

How comfortable is that? I'd like to try that, hopefully not too warm.

Well it was either this or have the parts be so loose and floppy that I would constantly have to readjust them. I ran in to similar problems on my War Machine last year, the arms were just too fat enough that they constantly slid down. I cut a strip about 2" wide and then cut it to fit around the entire width of the upper opening of the forearm, and it's not going to go anywhere. Same with the bicep.

I had the Ultron arms on for maybe 15 minutes and it wasn't an issue in terms of it being tight enough to constrict blood flow or something like that. It was getting a little warm, but that is going to happen in these sorts of costumes no matter what. I'm going to have my friend (who will be wearing this costume to D*C) try everything on this weekend just to make sure there's no sizing issues or really bad movement restrictions. But aside from him being 3-4 inches taller than me we're basically the same size, so I'm sure it will fit just fine on him.

Awesome. I like the 'egg carton' style of that foam, thefoam has places it can compress into to make the fit perfect.

This is working out nicely.

The shoulder bells look rinky dink as hell but they're just masking tape stuck on right now.

Sweet!
I hope the shoulder bells work out... The first set I modeled came out a little too Beefcake the Mighty...

Beefcake+the+Mighty.jpg

I think the big shoulders give it a really good look. Once everything is plastidip'd and painted I'll decide how far up the body to attach them. You know how the shoulders have 2 sections to them? I'm thinking about making the upper half attached to the chest and the lower part attached to the bicep.

Coolio. I was worried about range of motion, But I didn't want to get cocky and try and make them collapsible (into themselves). Look forward to pictures :)

It's impossible to say exactly until the shoulders are actually attached, but he has an amazing range of motion in the arms. I'm finishing up the thighs right now, hopefully I'll be able to finish those and get him to try them on tomorrow.

Dang that starting to look great! And that has got to be the smartest idea ever to use convoluted foam inside for a snug fit. Wish I would of thought of that for my Gears armour and I have that stuff available at my job all the time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

It really is worth it's weight in gold for stuff like this. I wish I could find somewhere local that I could get it for reasonably priced. Every now and then there will be some in the big recycling in my office building and I'll grab it.

Submit or perish.

jWnE8nBl.jpg

Or drink.

yvkBk9ul.jpg

Or, well... This.

4A1ynhwl.jpg

laellee I can't thank you enough for working on this model! My friend was only in Ultron for a few hours already but it's been a huge hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back