New Star Trek TOS Phaser coming November 2014

if it was put together like the MR phaser it would be a screw and fin removal to take the whole thing apart,, the WC phaser has everything in the P1 in likr everything runs off the P1 , the P2 is just a shell with re rest of the settings for phaser efx but does no contain its own power supply. I'm waiting on mine + I am going to get 2 more from tg.com later today. Since we already have a broken emitter , taking 1 apart may be posted soon and if it is easy to take apart the emitters can be fixed....................

Mine arrived today and all I can say is it was worth the wait! The quality and weight is far more than I expected. LOVE THE CASE, what a great bonus. The targeting lens opens and locks perfectly and closes with slight unlock pressure. The emitter extends and retracts well and I'm heeding previous warnings about turning past the resistance. This is probably something I will never mess with. The two hour initial charge was killing me. The PI snaps firmly in place and the assembled unit feels very sturdy. I love all the sound and light effects, the bonus enterprise sounds and the voice prompts. I think all the metal parts are perfect and I won't be touching any of it. If I had any criticism it would be the light leak behind the barrel and the sloppy feel of the adjustment knob. Some positions have a firm click while others are quite soft.

An awesome replica and something I've wanted for a long time. So worth the money.

Last edited:
I just checked my order on ST and the status is "processing". So hopefully that means it is about to ship.

Best. Replica. Ever.

From the very first one I ever saw at a convention at the Konover Hotel on Miami Beach in 1976, till now, I have never seen a better mass-market replica. Just wonderful, and the price is nothing short of miraculous! Can't wait to get mine, though I just had to cancel my order to pay for something else. Huge bummer, but it's looking like this thing's going to be a huge hit, so I'll get one in the new year. :)

Question: how did you cancel your Startrek.com order? When I poked around, looking to cancel my order and buy instead from Thinkgeek, I read that orders cannot be cancelled once made. Instead, buyers can "refuse delivery" or something like that, in which case the item gets shipped back to Startrek.com and a refund is then issued.

You can absolutely cancel your order at Star Trek dot com, they've just hidden it. Here's what you do:

1. Have your order number handy. I recommend having it in your clipboard.

2. Go to startrek.com and log in, or create an account if you don't have one.

3. At the bottom of the page, there's a bunch of tiny white links. Click on "CONTACT US."

4. A window will pop up with a contact form for you to fill in. Near the bottom of the form, there's a required pop-up menu labeled "CATEGORY." Click on it, and the choices will appear.

5. Select "CHANGE/CANCEL ORDER."

6. Below that, there's a text field labeled "ORDER NUMBER" which is not required. Because they're really, really sneaky bastards. YOU MUST PUT IN YOUR ORDER NUMBER HERE!!! If you don't, since this field isn't required, the form won't return an error. So your cancellation can get lost in the system, and they can write that off as your mistake. In the law we call that a "trap for the unwary."

7. Also important, put your order number in the "SUBJECT" field as well. I went with "CANCEL ORDER [my order number]," and in the body of the message, I wrote "CANCEL ORDER CANCEL ORDER CANCEL ORDER."

8. I got an email response within 24 hours telling me my order was cancelled.

Simple once you know how, but they deliberately make it non-obvious. It's an insurance company trick to manage losses. The harder they make it to figure out how to cancel an order, the more people will just give up or just return the items. Returns can often be written off as losses, but not cancelled orders, because they sort of never happened. So altogether, they lose less money from cancellations, and we get to pay for that.

Don'tcha just love them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that it may be too late for some to cancel your order from startrek.com -- on the 19th I tried to cancel mine using the above means (Thinkgeek was cheaper and with a earlier delivery date), and then two days later I received a note:

Thank you for your email. I have forwarded a request to the appropriate department regarding this matter. Please allow 24-72 business hours before a resolution is reached. Once there is a resolution to the request, I have asked that you be contacted with the results via email. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

The phaser shipped two hours later :facepalm

Anyway, the one from Thinkgeek arrived earlier this week and it's as good as I had hoped. Really fantastic work from TWC, as usual! :)

Nice video. I noticed you turned the unit off at the end of your demo. You may already be aware, and for those thinking about getting one, the phaser will automatically turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity. To reactivate just pull the trigger.

Nice video. I noticed you turned the unit off at the end of your demo. You may already be aware, and for those thinking about getting one, the phaser will automatically turn off after 30 seconds of inactivity. To reactivate just pull the trigger.

Thanks! Yup, I knew about the "hibernate" mode, the demo was meant to show some of it's features. Here is another short video showing other sound FX functions.

Hit the button eight times fast and you get morse code messages. I think probably three different ones?
"live long and prosper" maybe is one of them?? Guessing.
It comes fast so I couldn't write them down. Maybe someone up on their code can catch it
or someone can record it and slow it down. I don't have a mike on my PC.

Nobody seems to talk about the way the Phaser vibrates when you pull the trigger. It's kind of like the silent function on call phones. The Phaser has a vibrator built into it. Gives you the feeling you really fire an energy beam!

props.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back