The Walking Dead - Merle Dixon's Prosthetic Bayonet Arm (lil merle)

the prototype is finished. i know there will be a couple of minor changes on future pieces but overall this is what they will looks like.

uCxOW4Z.jpg

R3oQlT0.jpg

9zs4TIf.jpg

lS8PGMB.jpg

W8NK2mF.jpg

QBIeFsf.jpg

0aHYTeD.jpg

XjVykVa.jpg

You could use threaded inserts. They work like a pop rivet but they have threads on the inside of the short tubular part. Fire that into the hole from the outside, it expands on the inside to hold it firmly in place. Then the bolts thread into them. Very handy when you only have access to one side of a material you want to bolt to.

Did you offer up any of these parts up for sale yet? I didn't see anything in the JY.

i haven't put anything up for sale yet. i'm not even completely set on a price. however, since i'm usually busy with hockey masks i'll probably end up building like 5 at a time and putting them up for sale.

Everyone... this is not a sales or interest thread, so please do not discuss pricing information or post ebay links. Thanks.

the new buckles came in yesterday so i switched them all out and now i'm very happy with it. i may end up playing with different leather but that's about it. right now i'm working on getting a resin bayonet painted. the whole thing may be getting signed this weekend by Michael Rooker so if that happens that'll be awesome lol.

IMG_6133.jpg:original

IMG_6132.jpg:original

Sorry if I missed it, but is that an M95 mauser Bayonet you casted from? I just got mine today and I hope I didnt get the wrong one.

Sorry if I missed it, but is that an M95 mauser Bayonet you casted from? I just got mine today and I hope I didnt get the wrong one.

mine is a turkish mauser bayonet. i'm thinking it might be an M35. it looks like the m95 has a different handle though. i looked around quite a bit before finding my turkish mauser bayonet and it seems to match up extremely well to what's used in the show.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back