What's the Most Accurate Replica Garflex Hilt?

TatooineMachine

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Roman's Empire? Korbanth? What do you have to do to make them fully screen accurate? Or is it more cost effective to just buy a vintage one? Opinions wanted from you saber masters, thanks

I can tell your Korbanth Graflex 2.0 is more FX electronic friendly. Meaning it's much easier to install sound card and LED.

The most accurate Graflex replica ever made is the original Parks. It was sold by Parks directly as well as by Korbanth and other online saber makers. Unfortunately it is no longer produced anymore.

Second would be the Master Replicas versions of the ANH and ESB static lightsabers, not the FX versions.

The V2 Graflex that Parks is making (Korbanth sells these now) is an overall good copy but not 100% accurate to the original Graflex as it was made as an FX specific saber and not a perfect copy of a Graflex.

If you want 100% accurate, buy a real one.

Next, try to get an original Parks, or a Master Replicas.

After that, all the replicas are about the same accuracy wise. Good, but far from the best.

Romans will be the best on the market as far as Graflex replica. Even the v1 Parks had some pretty obvious tells that set it apart. If you want a completed Graflex based saber, then thats when MR comes into play. The Parks v2 is ok if all you're after is building a cool FX type hilt. Its far from 100% accurate as a Graflex replica.

Romans will be the best on the market as far as Graflex replica. Even the v1 Parks had some pretty obvious tells that set it apart. If you want a completed Graflex based saber, then thats when MR comes into play. The Parks v2 is ok if all you're after is building a cool FX type hilt. Its far from 100% accurate as a Graflex replica.

I only excluded Romans because no one has a final production piece in hand yet, although I know it will be a grand slam accuracy wise.

JQ Sabers in the UK also make a Graflex replica (currently out of stock) but I have heard that theirs is completely stainless steel. Other than that, it might be really accurate. *shrugs*

JQ Sabers, according to Daren Ratcliffe-Speakman facebook, is producing a G R A F L E X replica on his own now ... though I haven't seen pictures of a completed end product just yet.

Chaim

The parts of a real Graflex, Parks v1 and (I suppose) Roman's are interchangeable, so you could upgrade your lightsaber with more accurate or authentic parts as you find them. Roman has made a clamp for many years that is more accurate than the one on Parks' v1.

Besides the Graflex 3-cell, Graflex also made 2-cell, 4-cell and 5-cell flash guns with only the length of the bottom differing between models. You could get a top from those and combine with a Parks v1 bottom, or take a Graflex with a longer bottom and modify it to the length of the 3-cell.
My current Luke ESB saber has a 2-cell top, Roman's clamp and Parks v1 bottom. I don't use the real clamp only because it is too worn and rusty.

The Parks v2 is made of different materials and mostly different construction from a real one and I don't think the parts are interchangeable.

JQ Sabers, according to Daren Ratcliffe-Speakman facebook, is producing a G R A F L E X replica on his own now ... though I haven't seen pictures of a completed end product just yet.

Chaim

I thought I heard they were trying to work a deal with the Chinese factory that made the Park Graflex's to make them again for them.

I thought I heard they were trying to work a deal with the Chinese factory that made the Park Graflex's to make them again for them.
I was under the impression that the factory that made Parks' Graflex 1.0s doesn't exist anymore and that was one of the underlying factors in going forward with the 2.0 design.

It could be Parks spin, I talked to him last year at a Dallas Con he said it was the $10,000 up front cost for a batch of Graflex's plus all the work to remove the guts and add the blade and electronics that made him go with the V2.

I have a Biskit, the tube and clamp are great but he never made the plastic parts.

The Reborns were really good, minus the rust, but not as accurate as the Parks or the MR.

I'm currently collecting as much information I can about graflex replicas for the Graflex Bank, do you have any more info on the Biskit and Reborns? Or any helpful links? :)

http://graflexbank.com/replicahilts.html

I appreciate anything you can help me with! :)

Wow that site looks fantastic.
One bank of info for each prop. That would be boss.

Thank you!

If anyone wants to do similar pages for other props; great! But I think I have to limit myself to Graflex, even that seems to be too overwhelming :)

The thought of doing it for all OT sabers has crossed my mind, but if I do that, it wont be for a long time.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back