Deadpool Costume

jubbadee

This is my first post. I am in the process of making a high quality Deadpool costume and wanted some input. so far I have my mask basically complete and am waiting for a few materials from ebay to start the costume.

I was going for a bit of a mean look. It's spandex over a Neoprene balaclava (from ebay) I bought the balaclava as it had a defined jawline.)

I went to Fan Expo in Toronto for the first time and wished I had dressed up so next year I will be ready!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47806676@N05/8005103387/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47806676@N05/8005105910/in/photostream/

Last edited:
Well considering I have next to no experience in making things like these I would say yes it was very dificult! It took me a solid days work but I was really into and even forgot to eat :S I will post my process in the future unfortunately I didn't document it very well along the way.

My boots came in today!, They are motocross boots. Fotunately the were among the cheapest on ebay but they actually lend themselves perfectly to my vision! I just need to take care of those logos...if memory serves deadpool doesn't have any sponsors.

So far so good, I am hoping to work of a muscle suit this weekend, I'll keep posting updates for all who are interested.

photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47806676@N05/8010706516/in/photostream

I'm new here so if possible can anyone tell me how to add a photo directly into my reply so I don't have to keep linking to flickr?

Last edited:
I'm also interested in making the fabric darker. My initial thought as a light dusting of either black or very dark red spray paint. but if anyone has a better idea I'm all ears. I have a pair of under armour pants and a shirt and the reds don't quite match perfectly so I need to even the field a bit. of course i have no intention of using the under armour alone. I'm getting some sewing experience adding a tight knit mesh where the black portion of his costume is. (any thoughts on that idea?)

Just an update, i worked on my muscle suit. I have no idea what was going through my head when i chose yellow foam over the exact same foam in red...but well here we are.

As you can see in the pics you can see not only the outline of the foam but also the colour behind the fabric :S Aside from that I like how the shape is turning out. what I may do is just buy a secon pair of pants and just put them right over these ones. (I do have a concern about how warm that may be though)

Please excuse the black shirt as my red one hasn't arrived yet. I've also got fabric to enhance the look.

photo (4) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have gloves. I needed to shave off the logos of course...still wondering how to go about the same thing on the boots. I'll have pics of the gloves up soon. Really the main part I am waiting for is a shirt...as soon as it arrives I will post a pic of everything together...Still far from done of course...Plenty of sewing left to do as the spandex look isn't going to cut it.

OK, the gloves. I shaved off the thor logo. I love these! so much better than plain spandex gloves. again the only issue i will need to tackle is making sure all of the reds match.
I also found ankle weights that will work beautifully as ammo pouches when attached to my belt. I do need to dye it from grey to black. I'm getting axioms for the shirt I ordered to come in... once it does I will take a shot of everything put together...it will finally start looking like deadpool!

photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47806676@N05/8029645977/in/photostream

Wow, it was a big day today! I got my belt my wrist guards and my neck guard! Again I need to do something about logos... I'm getting a little frustrated as the red under armour shirt I ordered a month ago has still not come in! Really without that everything else kinda just falls apart...doesn't look anything like deadpool if I don't have a red shirt...Soon Enough...worst case I bite the bullet and buy something close as sport check.

Thanks for posting your progress. A friend of mine wanted some help on making a Deadpol costume and I had a hard time coming up with anything. Good job.

Ok lol, I got rid of that. what a mess...

I have new pictures. and I'll upload them today...assuming it works this time... thanks Spider 84

Last edited:
My boots came in today!, They are motocross boots. Fotunately the were among the cheapest on ebay but they actually lend themselves perfectly to my vision! I just need to take care of those logos...if memory serves deadpool doesn't have any sponsors.

So far so good, I am hoping to work of a muscle suit this weekend, I'll keep posting updates for all who are interested.

photostream

photo (3) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm new here so if possible can anyone tell me how to add a photo directly into my reply so I don't have to keep linking to flickr?

Cool I like the boots!

I am working on a Terra Nova Security Costume but need to get extra money for boots. I had some that broke and gave them away for free I could have used them lol.

How are you taking off the logo??

What did you do?? wow!

To add pics, there is an insert image button on the reply box. Just cut and paste the image link to the image. If you have a PC right click on the Image and click copy Image location or detail it will say different things depending on the browser.

When copied it will look like this "http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8312/8053983746_8b174fda8d_b.jpg"

Press the insert image button and paste it in the line, it will look like this when you do!
8053983746_8b174fda8d_b.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back