"Christopher Walken" My Latest Lifesize sculpt

artbypaul

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I started this one on Saturday and finished painting and finishing it this morning… This is my favorite of my sculptures, thus far. I'm just a huge Christopher Walken fan… and I like cowbell, too! ;-)

0WALKENFINISbyPAULSNYDER11314_zps54ff3e92.jpg

Paul

Last edited:
Wow! That's wonderful! Scary real! What did you sculpt him out of? :thumbsup

Thanks so much, PotionMistress! I sculpted it out of PREMIERE Air-Dry Clay… I cut the face off of a styrofoam craft head and ended up using 3 packages of the clay. I hand-painted the eyes and skin with acrylic paints and brushes. I then applied a wash of matte Mod-Podge and carefully glued the hair and eyebrows. :)

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!!! Amazing work. The fact that you use air dry clay is just unbelievable. Incredible likeness!!!

Air dry clay!? Wow, very cool! You should display a cowbell next to the bust, hehe.

Haha! Good idea, Schlitzie! ;-)

Yeah, I don't have a way to fire clay and the nearest kiln is in another city, so I finally found an air-dry clay that works well and dries without cracking and without any real noticeable shrinkage.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back