2014 Toronto Prop Party

See you all tomorrow! I missed last year so I'm looking forward to this. It'll be my first show and I can't wait to get a chance to talk shop with you guys. I will be the one walking around carrying 'Rita Vrataskis' stupidly big sharpened helicoptor blade around.

Cheers!
mm.

thought it was a good idea to get these mini tag frames at the dollar store for labelling purpose. wasted so much time trying to get the print, size, graphics right. might have to pull all nighter now to get ready with other things..... can we postpone the event until sunday till i have everything ready...haha

What dollar store did you get those at?

Finally getting to bed, I think I have all the prop party stuff prepared that I needed to get ready! See you all in not enough hours!

Yep, you're the first one online... I just got back. What can I say, that was amazing. Great props, great conversation and tonnes of fun. I second the huge thanks for putting this on. I think I will need to start prepping my table for next year! Great prizes too! I really did want to win that Marauders Map though! I can't complain though as I actually won something!

Cheers!
MatterMaker.

Whew, I just finished putting everything away. A lot of work from start to finish, but well worth it. I had a great time! Best part was meeting u people.

A few asked about the Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman helmet, send user 'Ozymandius' a message for more info.

Check out www.sorenzoprops.com too for Daft Punk helmet, Red Hood helmet, Thundercats sword and any potential commision pieces.

A super big thanks for the great raffle prizes. Lovin' the CNE prize pack and HP bag! I'll bring this big guy next year:

Whew, I just finished putting everything away. A lot of work from start to finish, but well worth it. I had a great time! Best part was meeting u people.

Your helmets were awesome! The Robotech movie helmet was my favourite. Super cool! Nice to meet you!

Cheers!
mattermaker.

As usual, great meeting you all. Both the vets we see every year as well as all the new faces! This was easily the best year yet, thanks to everyone who had a hand in making this happen!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Congratulations to all the prize winners. We had some truly GREAT prizes this year.
Our sincerest thanks to all those who donated and thanks to all of you for coming out to support the event.

If anyone has photos they'd like to show us to post onto the official Prop Party website, please let me or John know.

A huge thanks to everyone that donated to make a great raffle, it is a big part of making the event possible! Also thanks to everyone for coming out, it was the best event yet and hearing the new as well as returning people say how much fun they had was great! Every year I get to know people a little more and make great new contacts, not to mention hundreds of new ideas of things to make or ways to make things!

I gotta say thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes even of the song left me red faced! Made an already great day even more memorable!

Indeed if anyone has photos they'd like to share on our website and Facebook page please let me know! Sadly I got very few myself as I was busy almost non stop. lol

Also, if anyone is at Sculpture Supply Canada, Silver Snail, or Active Surplus be sure to tell them thanks for helping us out with raffle donations and/or making the event even better with demos and such!

here is a short vid that I took yesterday for anyone who missed the event or wants to relive it.. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back