Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
Go home, CBS. You're drunk.

as long as people keep on letting classic franchises get changed so much that they no longer resemble them.....all in the eye of being 'positive' or 'giving things a chance' or 'hoping for two hours of fun to numb the brain and move on'...or 'because it's a 'fun' story'..

hollywood will keep doing this type of stuff until the well is dry and even those people no longer care :(..

Does anyone else see that there's a new post in this thread and immediately think, "Good Lord, what has CBS done now?" :lol

looking at their social media page, people are trashing it regularly it seems and cbs leaves the comments up. must have fired the media staff ;o)

I'd say re imagined klingons are a good sign there will be MAJOR things to freak out about in the future ;o) and rightly so!

In the context of creating a new Trek show. Virtually none of these mistakes are trivial thecriticism is well earned.

some people just like to seem positive and supportive even in light of evidence that this isn't what fans want ;o).

Agreed. I think it's time to return to that period.

even if they did, the idiots in charge of star trek now don't understand it enough to get it right.

they thought totally redesigning klingons into something else was a good idea for THIS prequel series..sigh.

who would have ever thought berman and braga where a good thing for star trek? and we'd want them back at this rate?

Well the story I'm getting from my industry connection is the studio thought it was headed to fit into the prime-verse too much, fired tons of artists, tossed their work and drove off a key person as we know, to get it more JJ Trek. Who knows what's the real dope, I imagine many are not allowed to talk. We shall see with the final product of course.

My assorted minions and industry insiders (of course, I can't say who) have advised me that the entire series is an anthology with 2 major story arcs--told in a very hip, "Pulp Fiction", style of story arc that the kids are going to love!

Story number one is told from the point of view of a tribe of tribbles in their search for grain, a scratching post, and love...

These prime universe tribbles will be the ancestors of the same tribbles seen in the classic episode "The Trouble With Troubles". Along the way, the tribe of tribbles will cross paths with "Star Trek" characters you know and love....Sarek, Harry Mudd, Klingons, Captain Robert April, etc.
60% - 70% of the tribble episodes take place in the storage bins where the tribbles usually find themselves, and therefore, in total darkness . A tribble language is being developed based on purring and cooing that is expected to catch on like gangbusters with the fan base. The series will be heavily subtitled as a result. The studio fully expects licensed tribble outfits, produced by Anovos, (your choice of brown, pink, or brown fuzzy tribble costumes produced in premier and standard lines) to overrun conventions at the reproductive rate of the tribbles themselves!

The second story arc takes place in the TNG era and follows a crew of Pakleds as they"look for things...things to make us go..." Yes! Yes! YES!! For those of you (like me) who have spent countless hours "on your computer things" professing your thirst for all things Pakled, this one is going to be for you.

Both arcs will converge at a convenient and contrived "nexus of time and space" created by a villain who is a Classic Trek character from the Kelvin Timeline (I can't tell you who but rest assured, as a Kelvin universe villain from Classic Trek, the character will be ethnically incorrect, probably the wrong age, and maybe even the wrong gender)!! Pakleds and tribbles from both eras will unit to redefine the timeline and change "Trek" as we know it--and for the better!

Set phasers on "Mind BLOWN" as "Star Trek: Discovery" launches on your TV sets and mobile devices!! This ain't your Daddy's "Star Trek"!! Hell, chances are, it ain't your "Star Trek" either!

Last edited:
You know, it finally hit me. Why do I have such a negative feeling about this show? Hmmm, why, why why? Star Trek Discovery....STD. STD?! :eek

I just wanted a post-Voyager/Nemesis show........:unsure

Didn't we all? They would have had the freedom to do whatever they wanted without worrying about being boxed in by canon, and could have had cameos by anyone from the TNG era if they wanted to.
I don't see the point of going with a known event in the classic era of Trek, but then ignoring the show's canon entirely and going with new designs to appeal to the JJ audience. It's like they're trying to appeal to everyone, except in the process appealing to no-one because of it. Too many cooks in the kitchen, but none of them know the recipe.

Yup, I would have loved to see the Federation explore new space with a ship built with post-warp propulsion. Voyager brought back TONS of new propulsion tech, they just couldn't permanently integrate or make use of all of it on Voyager itself. Roll it all into a new ship and get 7 seasons out of it exploring new space while also having stories with traditional Trek staples.

@ALLEY
I'd watch the Pakled show, at least it wouldn't be a prequel.....:lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back