How does one get batman begins armor?

guerrillapike

I am new here... Avid costume maker however the level of skill people in here displays just blows my mind. I have come to terms that I really want a batman begins suit. I have been looking around and the armor I am seeing in some of the threads is too good to be hand made. Where are these coming from? How do I get a set? Remember I am a newb and no literally nothing other then tid bits from trolling.

Thank you

Top left corner is a search bar good place to start..:thumbsup
I will repeat myself because you are obviously not one to read for comprehension, as you must have missed the part where I said, I have been looking at others and can't figure out where these almost perfect replicas come from.

You see the way I phrased my question implied I haven't been able to figure it out, I stated they look too good to be home made (which leaves room for someone to correct me, to which I would just reply: Wow there are some amazing artists in here) But instead you waste your time typing your less then useless response which in return wastes my time because I now have to highlight how douchey of an answer your typical new person use the search bar comment was. See because if you don't know the simpler route would be to just type nothing.

Top left corner is a search bar good place to start..:thumbsup
I will repeat myself because you are obviously not one to read for comprehension, as you must have missed the part where I said, I have been looking at others and can't figure out where these almost perfect replicas come from.

You see the way I phrased my question implied I haven't been able to figure it out, I stated they look too good to be home made (which leaves room for someone to correct me, to which I would just reply: Wow there are some amazing artists in here) But instead you waste your time typing your less then useless response which in return wastes my time because I now have to highlight how douchey of an answer your typical new person use the search bar comment was. See because if you don't know the simpler route would be to just type nothing.

You just got to dig in... there is pepakura, some folks sell them, you can see others on there build thread.. douchey or not true hurts.. You will Build it or you will buy it.. you need to search them out..........

You see the way I phrased my question implied I haven't been able to figure it out, I stated they look too good to be home made (which leaves room for someone to correct me, to which I would just reply: Wow there are some amazing artists in here) But instead you waste your time typing your less then useless response which in return wastes my time because I now have to highlight how douchey of an answer your typical new person use the search bar comment was.

I think Mockle's response was still on the mark. If you see a thread that you want to know more details on you can comment in the thread for some feedback from the OP or others who are also part of that thread. FYI if you see a thread that is really old commenting on it may not be such a good idea (bringing alive old threads sometimes is just not worth it). Also if you would of linked some of these "threads" you referenced maybe someone could add some more detail but you did not, you just referenced looking at them which does us no good either in helping you.

Just trying to jump in and help get you started because your tone / language on your response is not that great .. notice how I typed this whole message without insulting you. I have seen a few new members start off this way and it just goes downhill normally. Take a breath and realize everyone is trying to help sometimes it just might take you more than 1 or 2 posts to understand the community you are in.

Have Fun and Good Luck Building the Suit !

While it might be sacrilege to direct you to another site ..have a look at Brotherhood of The Bat. There is a ton of information about building and buying Batman armour/costumes. Many of the members who post on that forum also post here (sometimes under the same user name sometimes under different names).

If you want a close to 100% screen accurate costume you are probably going to have to build it yourself - which may entail sourcing the components from multiples sources. As the previous posters have said - trawl the forums and you will soon see who is regarded as having the best replica piece (eg cowl or cape) and also who seems to have best reputation for honest dealings with clients.

Hope this helps.

Chris

One.jpeg
_________

If you were going to try making it yourself, I'd look in to pepakura/foam templates as a start. The armor pattern for the begins armor is actually quite simple compared to some other bat suits. To get an authentic movie look, you'd need to make your paper of foam rigid, then sculpt in the details with putty or bondo, sand it down to a perfectly smooth finish, then mold and cast it in either latex or urethane. You never know how good you might be or whether or not you can do something until you try.

See how much better of a comment that was.. Thank you. Don't you feel better about yourself.

You're likely to get a lot more help and support if you try and be less patronising. That aside though, Welcome to the board! So many talented artists on here. I've learned loads.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back