studio scale 66" Enterprise:

Jerry, After seeing how crappy this kit is. and then watching your video. i think really turned out to be a good thing. the skills your learning by re doing this kit will be a great asset to you. most will never try this sort of thing. and you cant beat experience.

Also love the little bondo trick to fit parts, use it my self.

Al

with a great big thanks to IEDBOUNTYHUNTER for his work, I will soon have MUCH nicer bussard collectors for this model. 3D printed :D
he will also be replacing other pieces like the bridge, lower sensor array and a few other pieces.

image[1].jpeg

image[3].jpeg

image[4].jpeg

Jerry, it's great to see you back at this build again and you are definitely making progress! I can't wait to see the shuttle bay and the top of the saucer finished.

well the top IS done, I need to put some paint masks on and hit it with a bit of primer, but it's finally fixed and flat as a pancake

yaaa bth_smileycheer.gifbth_smileycheer.gif

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

I have most of the lighting done for the saucer, I still need to run wires for the marker lights on the top and bottom....no biggy. I did some light tests to see how it's lookin, im very happy with it :D

as of yet, im undecided if im going to keep the round window top/front light, the 11 footer was not, but I kind of like it.

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

Last edited:
thank you :)
wow, your getting one of time slips refits...im jealous, I want one, I have no where to put it, let alone this monster :lol

The lighting looks great Jerry!

If you keep the round window top/front light maybe you can diffuse it a but to look more like the 11 footer.

the lights come out looking ALLOT brighter then they actually are. all the windows are diffused :) and im keeping the the front window, just cuz it looks cool :lol

Trooper,

it's good to see you continuing the work on the Enterprise. The engine end-cap you posted looks sharp, but it is a usually looking part of the ship. On its own it looks like a chess piece. The Enterprise is one of my favorite designs and I look forward to your continued work.

Trooper,

it's good to see you continuing the work on the Enterprise. The engine end-cap you posted looks sharp, but it is a usually looking part of the ship. On its own it looks like a chess piece. The Enterprise is one of my favorite designs and I look forward to your continued work.

thank you barry, glad to see you around again , and thanks for the encouragement :) cough! cough! build yours cough!! haach!! :lol

Great job..looking really good and detailed.
Keep up the great work.

I received an e-mail from iedbountyhunter, my printed parts should commin soon :) :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back